Problem opening parts

Hello

I have a problem opening the parts.

When I want to open a part without opening Solidworks before it gives me an error message that Solidworks Launcher has stopped working (see if below)

On the other hand, if I set my computer to open the room directly through Solidworks 2015, it puts me this

Well I can still work because I close the message and double click on the part and it opens but I would like to be able to open it without an error message,

Does anyone have an idea of why and how?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello

Have you ever tried to make a repair??? You have to go into:

Control Panel\All Control Panels\Programs and Features then right-click on solidworks and edit and there you choose repair....

Yes already done and that's what gave me the second error message. and now I have two solidworks Launger when I want to put a default program...

No, but I think I have to reinstall everything but I tell myself that with a lot and a lot of luck and all of you,  I may see a solution appear by miracle and not uninstall it. :)

Have you ever done a Ccleaner and a disk cleanup??? And if you ever need to reinstall, don't forget to make a backup of your settings:

Tools > Save/Restore Settings.

so the Cleaner is done, on the other hand the disk cleanup not but I'm going to call the information because I'm not sure I have the right to run it myself. I'll keep you up to date

Thank you

Hello

so we uninstalled the 2 Solidwork that were on my computer (2013-2014) so that only the 2015 remains. 

Now the error message is "An error occurred while sending a command to the program"

Well, I think I'm good at uninstalling and reinstalling the 2015 program.

Or do you have another idea?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

When you repaired the install, did you disable the KB3072630 update before starting the repair?

See this link: http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/techkb3072630.htm

Attached is a tool to easily disable and reactivate.

kb3072630_workaround.zip
2 Likes

Hello.

Indeed, making a "clean" installation seems to be a good idea. Just don't forget to "release" the licenses before uninstalling everything.

Maybe do a defragmentation before restarting the complete installation after the uninstallation? Just to start with something more or less healthy.

1 Like

Before reinstalling everything you have already tried to repair the software???

Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and there you right-click on solidworks and you modify Repair individual installation (on this computer).

1 Like

Hello, when you have the problem, would you have WINWORD.exe in the task manager??? (CTRL+ALT+DEL) I recently had the problem and by closing this WINWORD.exe, my problem disappeared... I don't know where this WINWORD comes from or what it's used for but it has already caused me a lot of problems!! (PS: It has nothing to do with Microsoft Office's Word.)

Have a nice day

1 Like