CATIA Edge Display Problem

Hello

I have a problem with the display of lines (edges) in CATIA (see attachment). Depending on the point of view, the edges disappear. 

I tried to play with the display settings in the options, but nothing helps.

Does anyone have a solution? It's very embarrassing.

Thank you

capture.png

Hello

And it came like that or following an event (station chgmnt, version, update)?.

I had a problem with my T5800 (more than one type of Display port) and with the adapter case not so great it went back to normal with a display/display cord.

In the meantime I'll put my settings to you

reglages.zip

Hello

Thank you for the answer. I don't really know how it came about. It's been a long time since I've used catia, and when I restarted it, I noticed this flaw.

I tried your settings, but it doesn't change anything.

On the other hand, my configuration is a bit peculiar, Catia runs on a virtual machine (VMWare) on a mac with a remote screen. But the remote screen doesn't change anything, when I'm on the mac screen, it's the same.

I tried to change the display settings of the virtual machine, but nothing, it's the same.

I'm going around in circles

If it ever worked well.

Do you need to find out what has changed on the virtual machine?

Drivers, etc

If you are under maintenance, change the version of CATIA or update to a higher SP. 

EDIT:

Normally it's the anti aliasing that corrects this type of defect (anti aliasing) I'm at the default setting of CATIA V5 not activated)

Maybe if you activate it

I put you the Catia help page

visualisation.pdf

The problem is that I don't know if it has ever worked well.

I tried with anti aliasing. It's better but I have the impression that it doesn't come from there.

I also put all the options back to default, but it doesn't change anything.

In fact, the defect depends mainly on the angle of view (see attachment). It almost seems like a problem with the model's lighting, but when I play with these settings, it doesn't change anything. 

capture_catia_1.pdf

I simply think that the graphics card is not a pro card

https://www.nvidia.fr/object/quadro-dassault-systemes-catia-fr.html

It happens with desktop home PCs

the edges were lost

and as you have a mac so not sure to have the right graphics card

what do you have as a graphics card

@+ ;-)

I have this as a card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

On the other hand, I tested other CAD software to see, and I don't have this problem, it seems like it's only CATIA.

I know from the source on

That CATIA and SOLIDWORKS work well

with pro and certified cards

and your cards don't seem to be on the right register sorry

@+ ;-)

strange, it works well with SolidWorks, but not with Catia. Maybe Catia needs more resources?

Not sure if it works well with solidworks 

can be for very simple parts

Solidworks is quite demanding for graphics cards

@+ ;-)