Problem with "Bump/Base Brushed (Threading)

Hello o/

As you can see in my image, I have a problem with this function. I created a sketch that represents the thread section and when I do a Swept boss/base on the propeller, it does the boss for me, but it removes a piece of the inner surface of my bolt.

I'm a beginner on this wonderful software, so be me, I need to learn :)

Thank you

PS: I'm designing this bolt in order to 3D print it, so all comments other than those about my problem are welcome

bolt.sldprt

Hello

I may say a stupid thing, but if you go directly through the "drilling assistance" option you will get a  correct thread. (see jpeg)

filletage.png

To do this, I will remove material rather than add it. You could start and finish outside the room.

@jeune padaSwann ;-): the drilling wizard does not create the thread but just a symbolic representation.

2 Likes

See this tutorial among others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXwCE1P02wc

and as @stefbeno says

via a material removal it's + clean

Take a good look at the ^pitch and shape of the net

@+

Hello

Do you want an M14x1??? Or what is it???

Hello!

Which version of SolidWorks are you using? (Different solutions are possible depending on this)

On another topic, what is the purpose and use of the nut once printed?

If it's for intensive use, you can always use a nut (I insist on the word nut :-) ) that you can insert to the rest of your printed part (the behavior will be even better)

See if it suits you...

boulon_-_ac_cobra.sldprt

Hello

If you are in SW2016 you have the function to make 3D nets precisely for 3D printing. This avoids creating all the sketches and stuff and you have the standards like for thread representations.

@+

1 Like

Thank you for all your feedback, I drew a lot of ideas from it.

However, my problem was that the sketch of the thread rpofil was larger than the pitch of the propeller, very big beginner's mistake it would seem.

Thanks again