Problem with Solidworks Simulating a sheet metal with a reinforcement

Hi everyone,

I want to make a simulation of the deformation of a galvanized steel sheet, when pressed at a point of Ø100mm with a force of 100N.

I'm new to the module, I've never done one before.

This 2000*800mm sheet metal has an omega reinforcement glued to stiffen it.

No matter how hard I try everything, I must have a problem with the contacts. "The beam element is not properly connected to the shell/volume element"

Can someone tell me if they see any shocking things in the simulation tree?

Attached is a screen of the model

Thank you all

capture.jpg
1 Like

Hello

Are your functions merged??? I think you have a multibody piece???

1 Like

Absolutely,
 There are two bodies in my piece, one in sheet metal and the other in welded mechanic.

See this link among others

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/simulation-pr-sentation-simulation-avanc-e

http://api.ning.com/files/wwXOq8TjJKubKP7gsyIAnjFgrLi0BE9MhQoHCjotrWQfvKLUVNap5lbwacMRGnn*9YC2TURaFRKAUnMEwgf490OGPOoPWtnC/FormationenligneProblmatiquesavancessimu.pdf

@+

Have you merged them??? Because I think that simulation doesn't really like multi-bodies in a room.

1 Like

Simulation Xpress only accepts one body but Simulation handles them (normally) without any problem.
On the other hand, it's true that in general the mix of beam and volume is not great.

So 2 possibilities:
- either redefine the contact between bodies;
- or make sure to have only volume, on the other hand it will be heavier in terms of the mesh.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answers, I managed to avacer.

On the other hand the result is not consistent, I have more deformation (29mm) with the reinforcement than without the reinforcement (4mm)

By the way, it's coherent 4mm of boom on a 1mm thick sheet metal with 10kg on a 100mm disc?)

Attached are pictures of the stages. It is clear that I am not following the movement

capture_connexions.jpg

Contact between groups

capture_contact_entre_ensembles.jpg

Forced travel

capture_deplacment_impose.jpg

strength

capture_force.jpg

And the result of 29mm not coherent at all

capture_resultat_29mm.jpg

For cobra, no the parts are not fused.

Just to try to answer this question:
"By the way, it's consistent 4mm of boom on a 1mm thick sheet metal with 10kg on a 100mm disc?) "

What is the thickness of the sheet?

Is the loading centered?

Hello

Do you have the right Young's module for your components?

Have you looked at the links I posted to you, the solution is probably in these links

watch from the 55 minutes it explains the type of contact and shows and demonstrates the why and how 

All you have to do is manually create a solidarity contact to read, listen and see

@+

The thickness is given in my post, i.e. 1mm ;).

The load is centered in width at 1300mm high (on a 2190mm sheet). The material used is galvanized steel taken directly from the solidworks library.

GT22 I looked at your links but I can't find a video though.

I passed my reinforcement in volume, that's calculating, I'm at 1h15 and 27% progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBoI1Q9m3I

watch from the 55 minutes it explains the type of contact and shows and demonstrates the why and how 

Thank you GT22!!

In fact, thanks to your video, I created a contact between people MANUALLY, whereas I did it automatically before. So the calculation worked in 10 seconds (I cancelled the one before because 2 hours to do 27% is not possible).

Well on the other hand the result is not coherent at all! 15mm displacement!! That's impossible.

:/

capture_resultat_poutre.jpg

See if all the parameters are good

mesh/thickness/material/your contacts etc.....

I have a doubt about this connection, what do the brown balls at the top and bottom mean? I don't have a connection here normally.

capture_connexion.jpg