Boss/base swept problem

Hello!

I'm making the frame of a motorcycle. After forming the sketch lines to make the first part of my frame, I try to form it with the tool. But SolidWorks refused! I don't understand what's wrong. Do you have any idea of the origin of this problem? Thanks in advance! :)

probleme_solidworks.png
1 Like

Hello

Are the two sketches in strong lines? I have the impression that the one in Ø is in construction? And if not, put sketch 42 as a construction line.

1 Like

If it doesn't work you can still create a perpendicular plane at the end of the right and do your boss

A silly question, but are these two sketches in the assembly or in a part? If they are not in a room, I don't think it's possible. To put them in a part you just have to go to assembly==> new part and choose the sketch plan and then convert it to make the boss Svt the other sketch that will be shared

1 Like

Manu67, I'm going to look at this and I'll tell you more. Thank you for your answers. :)

That's okay I succeeded: I used the "Circular profile " option instead of "Sketch profile".

I was not in "assembly" but beautiful and well in "piece". And the circular base was well in solid line. It was the screenshot that gave this impression of a discontinuous line. :)

Thank you very much for your help! 

probleme_solidworks_2.png

No problem, the main thing is that it works.

If it is to make a tube frame, it would be better to use SW mechanical-welding tools.