Problem/bug sketching vertically but not vertically

Hello

I have a problem that I don't understand, in my PC scan I have a sketch that is displayed vertical but is not vertical(straight) built on a basic plane and that generates a not flat scan (on which I can't rely to sketch) I know that I can solve the problem by putting it parallel to another line But I don't understand how it's possible that Solidworks shows me vertical when it's not. I'm trying to understand, if anyone knows where the problem comes from I would like to know :)  

Thanks in advance the community 

chaton_ovale_3x4_v1.1_bug.sldprt

Hello, after some testing I don't see why on the right plan he would have changed the coordinate system.

On the other hand, if I create a sketch on the right plane it is well oriented, so I advise you to save time to do the same, sup the square for a new one and then swept.

But it remains a mystery anyway since the sketch was on the right plane.

Hello@alexandreleroux18

That's because you have a mistake in your sketch  with a vertical constraint. it is not at 90° but at 89°

You have to delete it and realign your square with respect to the vertical line of the other sketch.

I'm attaching the two images, one of the PB and the other as an attachment to the solution.

Kind regards

2020-02-04_10_07_02-solidworks_premium_2019_sp5.0_-_chaton_ovale_3x4_v1.1___solution.sldprt.jpg
1 Like

@ Zozo_mp, it doesn't explain why we have this 1° which is mostly on an original plan since when I go a new sketch has oriented well. If it was a plan created in relation to something else, I could understand it, but now I'm drying.

Here, as for you or me, we are more in patch  mode so as not to waste time on design. :)

thank you yes that's what I did, but in logic I don't understand how it's possible that on an original plane the vertical is at 89° instead of 90°

Hello @alexandre and @fuze3D

Indeed in patch mode we don't have a solution. ;-)

I looked in great detail but I have no explanation for the fact that the plane, although correct, the vertical constraints are not.

Sometimes on a corrupted file you don't have the impression that everything is fine but it is still corrupted. Anyway for now I'm drying.

Kind regards

Fire everything and start again

Step by step

to see if the problem comes back

@+

I just made the part on my side and everything is perfect. As suggested in the meantime @gt22

I think your file is corrupted at some point.

I'm in SW 2019 I can send you my file again.

Kind regards

1 Like

Zozo_mp, thank you but I just did it again, yes I think my file must be pox somewhere but thank you very much:) 

Thank you for the feedback alexandre

See you soon maybe ;-)