SW 2015 add-on problem

Hello.

I'm working on a Windows 8.1 pc. I was using SW 2014 SP4, I decided to switch to 2015 for the MBD function and once the installation is complete, the add-ins checked in the installation are not all available once the software is launched. (it lacks simulation, motion among others). By searching in the folder where solidworks is installed, the add-ins are installed, but impossible to find them in the add-ins on the software. Desperate, I decided to go back to my 2014 SP4, same problem while before I had access to sim add-ons etc...

I thought about formatting my SSD when there was a problem with the registries during the transition.

Thank you

Hi, have you looked in tool, complement, and you check what you need?

Kind regards

Yes indeed before wanting to format everything!

SolidWorks MBD is not free. So you need a license like simulation and motion.

Yes I checked, reinstalled a good number of times nothing to do, sim and MBD are installed on the other hand by opening SW when you go to the add-ons tab they are not present.

I think you're using a "cracked" version and you're having problems with installation.

Right?

1 Like

It might interest you:

Error launching SOLIDWORKS and missing add-ins

We are currently investigating multiple reports of two problems - at this stage we don't know if they are related, but it is a possibility since they have both started occurring at the same time. The situation is still under investigation but we are posted here to ensure your Technical Support teams are kept informed.

Issue one: Users unable to start SOLIDWORKS, error message: "Could not load SOLIDWORKS DLL: GdtAnalysisSupport.dll" 

Reports are just coming in of this, so we are still in an investigation phase.

Issue two: Many missing SOLIDWORKS add-ins after installing or updating SOLIDWORKS.

We believe this is a problem caused by Microsoft update KB 3072630 which was released on 15 July 2015 and makes changes to the Windows Installer. The following steps have been used to fix machines which ALREADY show the problem:

1. Uninstall SOLIDWORKS
  2. Uninstall KB3072630
    1. Open Installed Updates by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then, under Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates.
    2. Select update KB3072630, and then click Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Reboot
  4. Reinstall SOLIDWORKS

Important note: We have seen that if KB3072630 is uninstalled before attempting to uninstall SOLIDWORKS, the SOLIDWORKS uninstall will fail. If you have customers who have already done this, please advise them to use this tool to remove SOLIDWORKS.

As this issue is still evolving, please be sure to follow its progress in this PCC blog post. Updates will be made here as we learn more about the details of these issues and their resolutions.

Not a member of the PCC? Contact your local TTM to get access today.

3 Likes

Be careful when installing SolidWorks: there is a window that suggests which add-ons you want to add (ToolBox, Simulation, ...). Make sure that your options are checked.

At worst, reinstall your SolidWorks to go directly back to this window and you see.

Or better, repair the installation to add the add-ons.

=)

What is the MBD function? :p

I'm going to test your mcordero solution.

Bart concerning the MBD function, it is an add-on to prepare a document such as a 3D PDF (the part that interests me). Thanks to this function you can display various information of your design, as well as the 3D dimension of your part.

The problem was indeed due to the windows update that caused the solidworks installation to fail. Problem solved, thank you :-).

1 Like

Hello

I have the same problem but I don't have this update KB3072630 on windows 10 home 64bits.

There must be something else.

serge