SolidWorks Symmetric Component Problem

Hello

I have a problem in one of my assemblies where there are two symmetrical components (of which I created a symmetrical version).

Pb: Every time I reopen my assembly after solidworks has been closed, it no longer finds the symmetrical version of the parts (see image: the green parts on the right are the versions supposed to be symmetrical).

To solve the problem nothing could be simpler, I go to "symmetrical component" in my construction tree, I re-execute the function (WITHOUT MODIFYING ANYTHING!! just scrolling with the arrows then ok) and the components are symmetrical again.

If it's not serious in itself, doing this every time becomes a bit annoying... So if you know where this bug can come from..

PS: I'm under SW 2014

Thanks in advance

symetrie.jpg

Hello

I think we should replace the component in the assembly with the Sym version.

Otherwise, see the assembly and parts in a ZIP file in the answer.

Sincerely, Manuel

2 Likes

the best in my opinion for assemblies

Once you have created your mother part, the one on the left that you have named and saved

Just reopen this part, create a symmetry and rename this part since it is no longer the same part

and erase the parent part

so you will have a mother piece with its proper name

and a symmetrical piece with its proper name

so in your assembly  you will have 2 very distinct parts

@+

2 Likes

Hello

These are the mysteries of computing!

One (or two) CTRL Q (rebuild) doesn't change anything?

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers,

So yes my part already has a symmetrical version (another config) and in the symmetrical component function I have selected "create symmetrical version". After that, there is always the solution of not using the "symmetrical component" function and putting the symmetrical version of my parts itself in the assembly but I would have liked to understand this bug, because as long as solidworks is not closed everything works fine...

To put my assembly in zip I don't think I have the authorizations being at work.

And not for the Q controls, I'm the one who has it in the... Sorry^^

I think I'll use the symmetrical configuration of my room even if it will add constraints but at least it won't bother me anymore:)

1 Like

In fact, it's the "create symmetrical version" option of the "symmetrical components" function that works correctly but is disabled when reopening solidworks...

1 Like

Damn I made a wrong manipulation, I just wanted to answer but I created a "better answer", how can I remove it?

2 Likes

To change the best answer, you have to contact the community manager

http://www.lynkoa.com/users/lynkoacmanager

@+

1 Like