Problem bent design

Hello, I am having a small basic design problem but I can't solve this little problem which only requires some geometry skills ..

A piece of sheet metal must be bent askew while remaining linear with respect to the straight-folded remainder.

Can you help me please? :3

20150519_081952.jpg

I would have liked to answer you but I didn't understand the question 

even the plan view doesn't give me any clues

So try to develop your question

@+;-))

Hello, all you have to do is have a basic sheet made and then sketched folds.
1 Like

Hello

Indeed you want us to help you (No problem), but with what?

2 Likes

This part is a 5mm x 60 wide sheet steel support, on the Top View of the previous plane, the part on the right and bent askew but remains straight in the continuity of the piece.

I tried to create this support with the folded sheet metal function but the result leaves a hole in the part.

I don't often use the sheet metal functions so I'm a bit lost O.o"

az.png
1 Like
I recommend this tutorial:

https://youtu.be/ghalOYesjlU

So if I understood correctly, the last folds to create don't stay in alignment since you start from a fold at + 90°

So I suggest you make this fold as you see it and take the sketch of this fold and modify it in size and angle

This will allow you to have your flanks on the same level

@+;-))

Hello

Make the two folds on the left, then remove the material on the base of the omega to shape, then make the other 2 folds on the right.

pliage_biais.png
3 Likes

In the end I want to get a . Dxf of my unfolded sheet metal and the Raw rendering by bossing of the bend gives its:

ex.png

Hi, here's an example. Version 2015

piece_pliee_biais.sldprt
5 Likes

Starting from the sheet metal module and not from a basic function. ;)

1 Like

Great thank you @remrem.

The unfolded one shows a small removal of material at the fold but I don't think we can do much about it.

To do this, you need to modify the automatic notching options:

Also pay attention to the k-factor and bend radius.

1 Like

It's the sheet metal that tears.

You can either remove the "tip" with a removal of material or touch the notching (tearing, rounding etc...)

1 Like