Simple sketch dimensioning problem

Hello

I'm in the process of drawing very simple sheet metal, I inserted a sketch on my sheet metal so that I could insert lettering.

The problem is that I can't size this sketch line, even though I don't see any particular reason for it.

I'm sending you the Solidworks error.

If anyone has a tip, I'm all ears^^

Thank you in advance.

erreur_esquisse.png

try to have your sketch complete constrained so in black

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Precisely, apart from fixing the sketch, I can't quote it anywhere without this message being displayed

Have you tried to create a construction line and constrain the line of your lettering on this line?? Bastien
1 Like
I know the point of sale of your lettering and constrained at the end of a construction line. Wouldn't the problem come from there by chance? Bastien.
I know the center point of your lettering and constrained at the end of a construction line. Wouldn't the problem come from there by chance? Bastien.

I didn't understand anything^^

I drew 3 construction lines, which I constrained together (horizontal, collinear)

then I added the lettering function

as usual, while here, the only way I found for side is to type the primary value in the creation tree

Try to remove all the relationships in the sketch, then create your unconstrained lettering and THEN constrain the whole thing.

1 Like

That's what I just did....

No result, even after a reconstruction it doesn't change anything....

1 Like

Problem solved!

Workaround: Reboot Solidworks !!!

Simple bug apparently.

Thanks for everything

See you soon for new adventures!

1 Like

Why do you draw 3 lines of construction?

Try projecting your lettering with a sketch offset from your face

@+ ;-)

FYI, I drew 3 lines, because I wanted to be able to position the 3 letterings as I wanted =)