Solidworks Face Color Problem

Hello, I have a problem with the color of the faces that disappears when I insert a groove. I can delete the color and put it back it's always the same (see photo).

Do you have an explanation and a solution to this. 

I'm on solidworks 2016 SP5.0

Hello

New faces are being created

Only one of the sides keeps the color, it is the original modified side

Try to put the color on the function (Box) instead, even if it means changing the color of the other 5 faces

Cdlt

Thank you for your answer. I wouldn't want to change the color of the other sides, that 's the problem. There must be a way to change the color of this new face created?

Hello, is your color applied face/face or volume? If it's at volume (especially when there's only one) there's no reason for there to be a change in color. On my side, it's managed by the list of materials where I have a brown color for wood for example.

On the other hand, if it's a basic volume in aglo with a texture on the faces to simulate the strat, it's something else .

On the other hand I also have problems with "persistent" color in the case of several volumes in the same room and sometimes he loses his mind and doesn't keep the right colors (already reported to the hotline, but no answer to date)

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

I usually put the color in the volume of the part file

You can also add colors to the function , and face

Also from an assembly

Attached is an interesting video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WqXdTtlVRco

I avoid the faces, it tends to bug on SW2017

Cdlt

Hello @FUZ3D yes it's a agglo base where I have a default color in the material and then a color on my top and bottom sides for the color of the melamine. And when I do a machining on a side where the face is going to be separated in two (like with the groove) it loses the color and impossible to put it back on the face yet I see it present but it does not appear on the visual.

Otherwise to see all appearances,  go to the display manager and views appearances

20200915_182830.jpg

It is possible to think 

like your base face on which you put a color 

is because of your grooves you no longer have one side but 3 faces 

So it's more the same ref from the front.

Have you tried by putting a sticker 

on this side and make your grooves afterwards to see if this sticker stays in place or not

To try 

@+;-)

There is  also the solution on your panels to make a volume on each side where there is melamine since in any case it is a certain thickness, which you must surely take into account before machining. On the other hand , when you introduce a groove, you have to say "all volumes" (which should be by default.)

But it's not impossible that SW will still bug if it creates several volumes.

@+

1 Like

@FUZ3D I have already tried this solution but the result is the same :/

After I am on SW 2016 I tell myself that maybe on SW 2020 or 21 this problem will be solved...  I need to migrate when the stable version is released.

it's a problem that I've always known under SW (since 2009 as far as I'm concerned) as soon as SW cuts a volume or a surface there is a risk that it won't apply the same texture and sometimes even if you force it refuses. (Already reported to the hotline)

Sometimes it's better to make your own piece and only at the end apply the textures.