Layer color problem

Hello

I have a small problem, a bug I think, with the colors of the drawing layers.

Let me explain:

Yesterday I did a series of drawings by applying a red layer to the parts installed in the building.

a plan for each room and a plan with all the rooms...

on a general level, not only do I have pieces that have remained in red and others that have turned black when I opened my MEP this morning.

But in addition when I want to change them back to red, the selects them and realizes that the layer is already on RED... so I test to apply another color and nothing helps, the layer goes back to RED while they appear in black ...

QQ anyone has an idea?

Hello

It's not the last button here (line format toolbar):

2 Likes

Yes I do have this bar but it doesn't change anything. I usually use this bar.

When I click on the "red" layer to select "purple" for example, it goes directly back to the "red" layer position

calque.jpg

Restarting SolidWorks and the workstation?

1 Like

nothing helps... I even gave a C cleaner just in case... :)

Qd I hover the mouse over the tab of my sheets at the bottom of the screen, it shows me a thumbnail of the plan and my pieces are in red but qd I go over this sheet in large screen they are black ... Solidworks bugs when you hold us ...

example:

1.jpg

when you print or when you create a PDF, does it keep the bug?

If not, it may be that the assembly is too heavy and your pc can't keep up

In pdf I still have the same bug.

I don't think it's on the config side because the assembly is not very heavy and we did much more without this problem...

1.jpg

And yesterday it worked, right?

Hello

Try checking High Quality from the Display Style tab in the Property Manager of the main view.

@.pl yes it worked fine yesterday I recorded, closed windows and this morning when it reopened...

But when you look at my screen, the thumbnails of the sheets (the preview) show my parts in red...

He has them in his memory, it's just who is lazy this morning solidworks!:) ..

and Otherwise @Thomas, no it doesn't change anything.

But it also doesn't explain why the layers are blocked.

A red layer, I want to scroll it on purple for example, we see a tenth of a second that the layer changes (not the color, the name of the layer) and in the wake it comes back to RED ...

It's tiring to spend more time fixing SOLIDWORKS bugs than drawing or designing. ^^

1 Like

and conversely I have pieces that remained in red at last night's recording and that I can't switch to black either because the layer remains blocked ...

2.jpg

To try:

1. Select the annotation then select the color palette button in the Line Format toolbar.  
2. Make sure the 'default' checkbox is checked.  
3. If the default checkbox is not checked, the selected color will override the layer color.  

Also, the default setting whether it is checked or unchecked is transferred to new annotations.  If all annotations are created the same color and do not take on layer colors it is because the default box is unchecked.

See also:

Annotations and lines can have a color assigned to them which over-rides the color defined for the layer they are on.  This color is applied using the "Line color" button on the "Line format" toolbar.  To remove a color from an entity, select it, press the "Line color" button, and select "Default" from the Edit Line Color window.  The entity should now inherit the layer color settings.

And in French what does it look like? :)

1 Like

Well, french: you have to test the stuff they say:)

1 Like

1. Select the view and then select the color palette button from the line format toolbar.
2. Make sure the "default" box is checked.
3. If the default checkbox is unchecked, the selected color will override the color of the layer.

Also, if the setting is checked or unchecked, it is transferred to the new default annotations. If all annotations are created in the same color and don't take over the colors of the layer, it's because by default it's checked.

Annotations and lines can have a color assigned to them, which overrides the color set for the layer they are on. This color is applied using the "line color" button on the "Line format" toolbar. To remove a color from an entity, select it, press the "line color" button, and select "Default" in the line color editing window. The feature should now inherit the layer's color settings.

2 Likes

None of that helps..:/ I'm drying.

Maybe I'll give you a hint... maybe it will enlighten you...

I have 2 3D of this lodge slightly different...

This messed up shot, I copy it under another name.

I open my 2nd 3D lodge, I open my copy of the plan by solidwroks by changing the reference and indicating this new lodge ... and the .. magic my pieces are in red.. oO I live in the 4th dimension...

... I closed my 2nd drawing (the copy).

Reopened my first 3D, and my messed up drawing... and the miracle ... I don't like it when I don't  understand ... but if it works again, I can reselect my plans. I'm on solidworks 2014 ...