Display problem stops in shaded image mode

Hello

Under Solidworks 2012, in the drawing, I have a display problem.

When I set my view to "Edges in shaded mode", the color of my 3D parts appears, but their edges are no longer visible.

If I set it to "Hidden Lines Deleted" the edges reappear but I'm in black and white.

How do I keep edges visible in the "Shaded Edges" display style?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sincerely, Thomas.

capture.png
1 Like

Hello

What PC configuration do you have, a  lack of graphics memory can be the cause of this kind of problem!

Are you in "high quality" mode when you switch to "shaded mode" view? I don't have solidworks 2012 anymore but it seems to me that this option already existed.

Have a good weekend to you

2 Likes

Hello

If Lightweight or Complex Assemblies mode is enabled, this can also cause this display. Try to force it to be in "solved".

Otherwise, sometimes a simple "Ctrl+Q" can fix the display problem.

Slt

4 Likes

Hello Rim-b,

Thank you for your answer.

The PC I use is a laptop with an Intel Xeon CPU E3-1545M processor @ 2.90GHz 2.90GHz, a RAM of 16GB, and an NVIDIA quadro M2200 graphics card with 4GB capacity.

When I switch to "shaded mode" display, I tried with a medium quality offered by default and in "high quality", but it didn't change anything.

Hello

Thank you Sébastien.

In the document options, in the "system option" tab, in assembly, the complex assembly mode was active and the "do not show edges in shaded image mode" checkbox was checked.

Hello

2 Likes