Design library display problem?

Hello

In the design library on Solidworks 2012, I don't see all the files that are in the folders.

How do I make all the files show?

2014-11-25_101935.pdf

Hello

What formats are invisible files?

1 Like

Hello

What formats are invisible files?

1 Like

Hello

The 2 pucks that appear may be the 2 generic pucks. The other washers will be derived from the geometry of these washers with the help of a family table

The formats are sldprt, sldasm and I also have sldblk for blocks.

(FYI, in my department, we have 12 PCs equipped with SolidWorks 2012 and we are 2 out of the 12 to have this phenomenon!!) On other PCs, we normally see all the files that I don't see and the strongest and that the other person who has the same problem as me doesn't see the same files as me?

Otherwise I have another solution:

3 Likes

Hello

Same problem with us, but we are also on EPDM; To be able to see all the elements in the library, you must have previously gone to the directory in question with the SW explorer (open file for example) and have done "get the latest version".

1 Like

No, it's not generic files that I'm seeing!

It doesn't suit me, but I think I've found the problem. We work with SolidWorks EPDM. And to display all the files in the folders, I have to "get the latest version" in EPDM, but that means that I download the entire database of my library on my PC, i.e. several tens of GIGA!!

So new questions: Is it possible to display all the files that are in the folders in the vault in the design library, without having to download the entire library to my PC?

So far, we've only found this solution... If someone has another one, we're interested too.

I just created a SUPPORT request on MYCAD Services.

I will inform you of this answer.

A few years ago, there was a little software in development at Axemble called "Cache Refresh" or something like that.

This allowed you to designate folders, and to get the latest versions, either by launching it manually, or by running it with the task scheduler, or even at login.

I can't find any trace of it, but maybe it's integrated into MyPDMTools?

Edit: apparently it's part of MyPDMTools http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/reutiliser-un-projet-existant/cacherefresh-utilitaire-de-mypdmtools

1 Like

The best thing I think is to have a complete copy of the library

and of course to the right version 

and it is preferable to work with your own library (to be created)

which has its own files that we mutualize via e p d m 

So pdm library parts files depending on the version

copy to each PC of the same library 

@+ -))

Hi all

Axemble's answer is that it's a Solidworks bug that is already listed at Solidworks.

They therefore made a request to link it to the "SPR 456756" bug.

(SPR 456756 : Design Library Task Pane does not list files that are in the Enterprise vault. Users must manually manage their local cache. )

Thank you all for your answers.