Display Problem in EPDM Visualization

Hi all

Today I'm coming to you for an EPDM problem: My company being quite old, some plans were drawn 60 - 70 years ago in pencil on tracing paper. In order to prevent the loss of these, they have been scanned and saved as PDFs. So far no problem, my colleagues are used to "flipping" them virtually thanks to the visualization in Windows Explorer and then opening them using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC if that's the plan I'm looking for.

These files are now in the EPDM vault, the problem is that the preview in EPDM does not work, I get a blank sheet of paper when the document should be present (see attachment deliberately cut out to preserve the company's secret). On the other hand, when the pdf is opened in Adobe from EPDM, no worries so the problem comes from the visualization being a tool very requested by my colleagues.

If you have any ideas to solve this problem, I thank you in advance!

Have a nice day

capture_lynkoa.png

Hello 

I don't know EPDM and have never used it. On the other hand, wouldn't there be an option like on vaut pro where  you can choose the software that takes care of the preview? 

Hello, otherwise you open the folder where your safe is installed, you click on the "display" tab and you must have at least 3 functions checked.

There are:

-View files

-File Preview

-Map preview.

Hoping that this can be useful to you.

Cdt

Yves.T I don't know EPDM well either but I tried to search in the settings without success.

G. Unfortunately, these functions are already checked.

Stupid question, wouldn't it come from the resolution of the scan  ?

Wouldn't the missing lines be thinner than what is displayed in the preview? 

And in the "options" tab you have what to check???

It is also possible that it is too thin a line thickness but I have some doubts about it

Cdt

I also have doubts about the thickness of the lines because when I visualize directly from the explorer I don't have this problem. And if there was a problem with the scan, the PDF wouldn't be good either, right?

I put an attachment with the elements I checked in "options"

capture_lynkoa.png

So here is an attachment, I have two more items checked, but it is true that if by zooming in the lines appear, then the problem comes from elsewhere.

Cdt

capture.png

I tried to zoom in, but it doesn't change, I still can't see anything.

Unfortunately, even with the two options in addition I still have the same problem.

Hello Roub25

Do you have the interface of Adobereader on your preview?

to adjust the viewers you have to go to the EPDM  administration > group/user  > parameter (bottom left > viewer

visionneuse_pdf.jpg
1 Like

The PDF file is good but if the EPDM preview compresses it for display, it has data loss. Thus, the display in Windows may be good and under another software using another preview the display may be rotten. 

Try scanning a document twice, once with a low resolution of 200 dpi for example and once with 1200 dpi and see if it changes anything. 

Well, there you go, it's better to have one who knows than ten who are looking for :) 

Thank you Pierre S. 

This solution might have worked if Adobe had been installed on a common server when it had not so it would have worked only on my computer.

Given the number of plans involved and the lack of involvement of my colleagues, I think we will stick to the method used to date.

Thank you all for your answers!

1 Like

Hello

I think it can work even if Acrobat Reader is not networked.

The line of settings for the exe is as follows:%Program Files%\Adobe\%Reader%\Reader\AcroRd32.exe "%1%"

1 Like