Explode Line Display Problem

Support: SW2016

Hi all

My problem is the following : I have a fairly heavy assembly (about 1900 pieces). This one contains 9 configurations that allow me to manage 9 exploded from different angles of view. I also have 9 display states (related to configurations) to vary my component appearances according to the associated configuration. So far so good. Where it gets complicated is when I do my drawing. Ideally, I would like to have 9 folios, each corresponding to a stage of splitting with its associated nomenclature. The problem is that when inserting an exploded view I can't find my exploded lines and this is very detrimental to the understanding of the exploded. In fact, the only way to make them appear is to activate my exploded configuration in my 3D file. well the problem is that as soon as I create my 2nd folio with the second exploded view I lose the exploded lines again and if I activate my corresponding exploded configuration in my 3D well my folio 2 is ok but the first one loses its lines again!! (hair pulling)

Not easy to explain so I hope I was as clear as possible.

I should point out that I don't encounter this problem on small assemblies.

I tried by disabling the complex assembly mode but nothing helps.

My sketches are not in hidden mode in my drawing.

Frankly, I don't see it!

An idea.

Tictic

Hello

Do you have the latest SP available? For 2015 it is the SP5.

If not, the graphics card drivers are up to date? See on the SolidWorks website:

And by setting all the components to solved, it doesn't change anything?

@ .PL

I'm of course on the last SP for 2016: SP1.0

Driver graph cards to days.

Components on solved don't solve my problem.

The mystery hovers...

Hello

I'm also under 2016 and there are a lot of bugs in the SP1.0. From what I understand bcp will be corrected in SP2.

The SP2 version has been released in beta, but it's better to wait, the final SP2 should be released in a few days normally.

Rule N°1: Always wait for SP2, see SP3 before updating your Solidworks (or lambda software) to the new annual version.

This is still true with this kind of problem unfortunately :(

1 Like

@ Azrod:

Totally agree with you: unfortunately I don't do what I want! I am not a decision-maker on the change of version and this is all the more true this year with the change of policy of Solidworks (or rather Dassault!) which has put the knife to the throat of its customers who will have no choice but to update since the penalties of upgrade arrears will amount to the same rates than a classic update -> shameful.

In short, I just have to wait for the next SP

1 Like

@TicTic,

It's true that on my side it's easier to influence the IT department, since I validate more than 75% of the final decisions :/

Hoping it gets better on your side!

SP2 is available for download for information!

Keep us informed of the progress.