Appearance problem welded constructions

Hello

I have a problem with the appearance of my welded constructions. I can edit the appearance of my piece, but every time I leave it and come back to it, some of my tubes take on a light gray color. I work with NF A45 tubes and I have deselected the "transfer material from profile: alloy 1060" box.

I'm on SW2016

construction_soudee.png

Hello

How do you apply your appearances?

Can you share a photo of the building tree with visible appearances to better understand your problem?

Cdlt

2 Likes

Hello 

Thank you for your answer. Appearances are automatically applied when I choose the material, in this case galvana. 

As you can see in the screenshot, an appearance applies to Body and even when I delete it, it comes back as soon as I touch a function in the tree. 

construction_soudee_apparences.png

Hello 

You can work with the list selected in the attached screenshot, 

capture.png
2 Likes

Hello 

I can indeed modify the material of the tubes 1 by 1 with the parts list but it is quite tedious. Isn't there a faster way to apply my material to all tubes?

arbre_de_construction.png

Hello

Yes, there is a faster method.

See attached screenshot:

1) Click on ">" just after the tabs (part; config.; ect..)

2) a column appears,  in the "colors" column appears the color for each function)

3) Remove all color appearances

4) Put (them) back or the right material(s) it's good at this level, if your welded mechanic has a different material see 5)

5) Go into the nomenclature of welded elements and put the right desired material to the desired body. (Of course reload and update your welded body nomenclature)

That's it.

Good luck.

Kind regards.

@+.

AR

2021-01-07_114211.jpg
2 Likes

Hello hugo;

If you only use one material, I do not recommend applying it to your welded element list.

Deletes all materials assigned in this list (welded element list).

Also removes the general material from the Creation Tree.

Right-clicking on the name of your room (at the very top of your building tree) allows you to "Remove all appearances". 

Also remember to remove the display states as well as the "mechanically welded" configuration.

At this point you should be able to reapply your "Galva" material. (General Material)

If the problem still persists, check that you do not have duplicate profiles generated by your miter cuts or by your symmetry.

To do this, move the blue bar up (construction tree) functions by function...

Kind regards.

5 Likes

Hello

For my part, I manage the right color in the materials.

As said by Maclane, if you have a single material, inform general material.

On the other hand, if several different materials, you can apply materials from  the soldered list.

To do this, I develop the entire construction tree and select the volumes right-click and apply the material

CDLT

4 Likes

To expand an entire tree, select the root of the tree and press the * key on the numeric keypad

3 Likes

Thank you all, I was able to solve my problem with all your answers. 

Hello 

I have a problem about creating a profile and using it for welding. Well I create my sketch in new room and I do the configuration in 3 versions afterwards when I select the latter and I save it on a folder on my desktop;  under LFP (library feat part) file. After when I go back to my skeleton to apply the welded construction by going through options / File location / Welded construction profiles and I want to add the file I find that my folder is empty. and I don't understand why??