Design Problem

Hello

I need to spin a gear at most at 1.25 rpm. This speed is variable but not by much. It is a use at a depth of 180m so I am required to use hydraulic energy. My problems are:

-Difficulty adjusting the speed with a hydraulic motor.

-Gigantic reducer because of the reduction ratio (even with two wheels and worm screws it remains difficult).

-To get 1.25 I use a very small gear with consequent effort on it. I arrive at modulus calculations of the order of 7.

I am thinking of using a stepper motor designed for underwater environments, the control electronics will be on the surface. I just have to convince people about electricity.

Do you have another solution

Thank you

If you know a manufacturer of stepper motors for underwater environments, I'm interested

Hello

What is the necessary torque? Do you have any flow or pressure constraints generated by the pump drive or the pipes?

Kind regards.

122.4 N.m. ideal pressure 210 bar but it must be possible to adapt to other pressure. The flow I don't know at all, I don't know the pump.

But I don't have my; Reflect on the hydraulics its has too much power for my application its gives modules to my gears which are huge. I think I take a stepper motor controlled by surface electronics which allows to have lower power ranges, better speed control and to reduce the reduction ratio of my gearbox.

But I can't find a suitable engine for this type of use

Indeed, hydraulically it's complicated to see the attached table!

There is too much amplitude between the rotational speed and the torque. Is the latter a maximum value or it must be stable.

You can modify the data values and variables to see modulate the results...

I hope this helps...

dimensionnement_hydraulique.xlsx

Hello

I guess this is a drilling application? In this case, it will be necessary to take into account the thermal pressures and stresses in the borehole... Not sure you'll find a standard electric motor.

Try it at Precilec (Zodiac Group) or Portescap...

For the great reduction ratio look for and if you have limited space, there is the Harmonic Drive solution.

It is little known and yet very efficient and it has been around for a long time....

http://www.harmonicdrive.de/french/

Good luck.