Angle Stress Problem Between Two Solids

Hi all

I need to position a table at 75° to the floor, like this: 

I added a coincidence constraint between the table and floor bases. Then I select my two faces to add an angle constraint, like this: 

And I get an error message because it breaks my coincidence constraint because it doesn't orient my angle well: 

I tried several faces, stopped to get my right angle, but to no avail...

Can you help me please?

Do you need the files?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander.

Good evening

You want to use two grooves at the same time, that's what he doesn't like

If I understand your problem correctly, it is necessary as you did, but maybe not completely!

1°) make a plane plane coincidence constraint  between the upper flat face of the green grooved part and one of the two UPNs at the bottom of your chassis.

2°) make an angular stress between one of the grooves of the green part and the UPN side of your chassis.

Then to reduce the number of DDLs

3°) make a constraint between the edge of the end of one of the two UPNs and put a distance constraint with one side of the green piece (lengthwise) or by wedging this vertical edge on a groove rather than an edge of the green piece.

Another way to do this is to start from the central plans of the building with the plans of the green room. I favor constraints as much as possible on the plans, which means that if a dimension changes, it is often easier to control the constraints. But everyone has these things! ;-)

Tell us if method 1, 2, 3 works or I didn't understand anything about the problem ;-)

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

I didn't succeed. Every time I apply the angle constraint, it creates other problems for me on the others. So I started the assembly again by positioning the table and the floor first. Then the angle works (I used methods 1 and 2).

Thank you for everything.

Alexander

Hello again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the joy, I was fed up. This problem has persisted for too long. Maybe I found my mistake.

I started the assembly by fixing the table. Then I added all the constraints to fix the different elements on it.

Then I added my floor and set it to be fixed (by freeing up my table). Adding an angle constraint between the two didn't work.

I decided to put my fixed table back and free up my floor. I then placed it according to my table (with the angle). And now it's working well. 

Maybe my mistake comes from that.

No need to start all over again:D

Thank you for everything ;)!  

Alexander

Hello

For me, it doesn't make sense to add flooring, you just have to declare the green room as fixed (if it doesn't need to move). If you add floor then the floor becomes a room from a SolidWorks point of view ;-)

If you put floor for a graphic representation (for rendering images) the floor is a virtual representation with no link to the rooms.

Kind regards

Hello

My floor is intended to pierce the UPNs of my table. I simulate the floor of a test bench. The table must be fixed at 75° to the floor. I thought it was a simple solution to determine the positions of the piercing :x

Then, I want to illustrate my work with 3D modeling. But I have to take the 2D plans out of my table.

Staring at the table instead of the floor is absurd, I'm well aware. But it's a solution that allowed me to achieve my angle

Alexander.