Stress problem during assembly

Hello

I want to make an assembly of 3 pieces. I have previously created families for these 3 rooms for the latter in order to quickly change dimensions. I also drew simple sketches on my "default" parts to make my assembly easier. My problem is that in assembly, when I want to change the dimensions of a part, the sketch made on it does not follow, it only remains on the "default" part. I also lose the contacts I had made when the dimensions change.

Do you have a solution to ensure that the sketch is not lost when I change dimensions with the part family? But also that all my pieces follow each other during my change of dimension?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Hello

I would say to work on plans as long as they always use the same frame of reference.

Obviously it depends on how you have designed your room.

The older I get, the more I use planes rather than stacking surfaces on another surface because if you change a length, a diameter, etc... So everything goes in all directions.

I start doing everything from planes that won't move and functions that won't move either and I build the rest.

You would have to look at your pieces to give you an example.

My colleagues will give you other solutions

4 Likes

Hello

Could you attach the assembly with the parts so that we can see where the problem comes from.

1 Like

I have trouble understanding the role of the sketch.
A take-home composition of the model is necessary to understand your need/method

Hello

Thank you for your answers.
I was able to fix the problem, my sketches on my family's parts were not active, they were just active on the "default" part. I just had to activate them, put the constraints back in my assembly and when changing dimensions, the assembly remained intact.

Hello, I'm not sure that's what you want to do, but in each room if you open the equation management window (tool tab) you can put conditional formulas or parameterize dimension values according to different configurations.

However, I think that the best would indeed be to use reference elements such as plans or axes and possibly  to associate formulas with them, at least in the rooms to have an associativity between the different functions.

Otherwise you can also use the part family to have an excel spreadsheet link to a part.

You can also use external references from your assembly to constrain your parts, but that's another story...