Solidworks Stress Problem

Hello community,

I need your help

I have an assembly of a "gear" driven by a hook that goes back and forth around a fixed pivot axis. (see photo)

I wish that when I raise my hook ("flexible hook" that will deform to catch the next notch) the gear moves forward a notch and when I go back down it goes to the next notch and so on, do you have a solution?

Thanks in advance

1.png
1 Like

The 1st problem is the "flexibility" of the hook.

Then, I'm not sure that you can "constrain" a ratchet system (to see if there is a constraint limiting the rotation in one direction only).

Hello

I don't think this can be possible with SW's basic functions.

Jerome

I don't want to see the bending of the hook but just the movement of the gear at each lift of the hook but if there is an interference between the 2 pieces it doesn't bother me

Thank you

Hello@Tidjo

If we remove the ambiguity around the word flexible then it seems possible to me because it more or less amounts to a "cam - against câme" function.

You should specify if it's to make animatics so with a more or less complex kinematics or if it's only for presentation purposes (as in the case of a handbrake). Depending on either case and the precision sought, we must be able to achieve your wish, even if it means having non-visible but functional parts.

To read  you ;-)

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello Zozo_mp

Indeed, I don't want to represent the bending but simply the up and down movement of the hook that rotates the gear notch by notch for a presentation to the client.

Thank you 

1 Like

Hello

If you have a "motion study" you can control your constraints and thus have a fluid animation but it will be a bit tedious.

I'll try the cam system, counter-cam it's probably what will be the easiest.

Can you post the part of ASM concerned?

Your case is interesting and there may be another solution but it will be easier for me to find if I have the parts in front of me.

I'm thinking of a constraint between an edge and a line that would have the shape of the vertical displacement. It is a cam-to-cam variant that is more difficult to implement.

Kind regards

1 Like