Dimensioning problem in a drawing

Good evening

In the attached file, which is a screenshot, I can't get a distance in dimension instead of the 180° angle between the two points. Even when selecting vertical or horizontal sizing... etc.

If anyone could help me, knowing that this is a tutorial file, I would be grateful.

Kind regards

A beginner SW user

sw_probleme_cotation.png
1 Like

Good evening

Try by selecting the two horizontal axis strokes.

3 Likes

Hello

Which selection gave this result?

Selecting the 180° dimension, take a look at the value with several decimal places... Maybe the angle is not flat!

If your goal is to dimension the distance between the centers of the 2 arcs of circles visible in the image, try by selecting the 2 arcs of circles (check the "arc conditions" in the attachment line tab of the dimensioning window -> Center to Center).

4 Likes

Hello

Try deleting your dimension and recreating it, but selecting the horizontal segment of the center axis. You should get the vertical distance between the two centers

2 Likes

Hello

For my part, I would also set the dimension by selecting the arc of the circle, and precisely not the center mark. Normally, it should directly switch to "center-to-center" mode.

Good starts! ;)

1 Like

Hello

A technique that is not very clean but effective: put two sketch points on the entities to be dimensioned. Then use these two points to generate the odds.

Kind regards.