Thread Scoring Problem

Hello

In my 3D model I create a mesh: G1/2 (see image 1)

and when I dimension it in the drawing, it notes it in Metric (see image 2)

I don't understand why, do you have a solution?

Thank you for your answers.

Michel G.

SW 2014 SP3.0

pb-cotation_filet.jpg

Hello, how did you insert your quote?

Via "Smart Dimensioning" or via "Symole for Drilling"?

Try with the first tool.

Edit: You've made your hole with the piercing wizard.

So either you use the smart quote, otherwise you can always remove this symbol by hand by clicking on it, and going to the left pane. In the "quote text" box leave only <DIM>

Hello

The symbol must be used for drilling and not a simple dimension:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_add_hole_callouts.htm

1 Like

@ Bart

via smart quote, it notes me M20.96

Via quotation symbol of drilling: me notes the dia. and depth.

So neither one nor the other is good.

I have my MEP. by putting a note, but it's a temporary solution, I would like to know the reason why SW doesn't do it correctly.

Yes, I could have also changed that in the quote box. but it also doesn't solve my Pb. of why SW doesn't do it correctly.

You can remove the depth of the symbol for drilling in the right panel when you click on the symbol.

This is the <HOLE_DEPTH> part that you can delete to have only the diameter.

I made a countersunk M5 hole with the drill wizard.

When I rate it with intelligent ratings, it puts Ø5mm

and when I make a note, he puts me with a Ø5mm countersunk hole ... etc....

So at home no worries.

Have you changed anything in your Solidworks options?

So, I did everything from scratch.

I took a g1/81 tapped drill.

I noticed something. When I grade my drilling with smart dimensioning, and I modify my drilling, the dimension adds an M in front, and when I put my dimension after doing my drilling, it puts Ø... without the M

Weird....

Conclusion for me, you have to rate the piercings afterwards. And as soon as there are changes in the drillings, you have to re-coast...

cote.png
1 Like

@pl

I don't want to use it. drilling or depth

@ Bart

I haven't changed anything.

Dear me too, it works for a metric net.

Exp: via intelligent dimensions = M10 if taken on the broken line represent the net around the

hole      

via smart quotes = Dia. 8.5 if caught on the tour

Via quotation symbol of drilling: me notes the dia. and depth.

my pb is with an iso thread "tapping holes for straight pipe" G1/2

The rating can't give you the G1/2, but by the piercing symbols, it should. Since this is not the case, there is a good chance that it comes from the drill symbol configuration file (calloutformat.txt).

Start by locating where it is: Tools/Options/File Locations/Drill Symbol Format Definition File.

Go to this folder via the explorer, and rename the current calloutformat.txt file.

Copy/paste the file I am attaching to you. It's customized, not necessarily the way you want it to, but at least you'll see if it works.

calloutformat.txt
6 Likes

An image to convince you:)

screenshot476.jpg
2 Likes

@ Benoit.LF

:) Thank you for your "calloutformat.txt" file it works, all I have to do is find the right config line inside to import them into my file.

Dsl didn't have time to answer yesterday or this morning, too much work.

PS: thank you @ all

In this question http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/cao/cotation-percages, I had put an Excel working document to find my way around the customization of symbols. It seems easier to me to find your way around.

Good luck, it can take a long time!

1 Like