Cutting problem in a drawing

On a post when I make a cut in a drawing I get the following message:

"The model could not be selected correctly by the cut line.......... "

If I validate, my view becomes obsolete:

I opened this pla on my post.

When opening the message appears and the views have this color BUT (by miracle or not?) the problem disappeared instantly....

2015-04-28-_message_ligne_de_coupe.jpg

Your component E1645_C0000800030R0_01 in error

it's not a surface

@+ ;-))

1 Like

If you edit your sketch line, who creates your cut?

You edit your cut line, and then you lengthen it so that it cuts out the entire view.

Reconstruction and presto:!

1 Like

Hello

Sometimes you have to enlarge the cut so that it protrudes well from the part/assembly to be cut or, as gt22 says, there is a surface part that causes the error.

1 Like

no, there is no surface (there are no imported bodies or imported surfaces), it is only volume 100% designed with SW2014

1 Like

Yes, the text says to check that the cut line passes through the model or components

so surely your cutting line is not entirely in total coverage of your room

it must overflow your room at all costs

See this tutorial among others

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-profondeur-de-coupe-et-coupe-locale

@+ ;-))

And by postponing the cup by a few 10ths or much more, always the same mistake?

1 Like

unless your cut line is positioned exactly on a plane of symmetry

so you have to shift it a few tenths of a mm

we've already had this bug several times on SW

Never position a cut line on a plane or axis of symmetry

@+ ;-))

Why explain that on my job I don't have a problem while on a colleague's job I have this problem?

I was more interested in a configuration problem (in the options) but I don't see where?

if the views have changed color, it is because they are no longer correct.

But as they were recorded on the other station, the PB has partially disappeared.

By the way, by reopening it on the first post does it come back or not?

If you really want to know if the configuration of the workstation is at stake, follow my tutorial to reset the SolidWorks settings:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/reinitialiser-les-parametres-solidworks

Then, if this solves the problem and to find out which parameter was the cause, you can (but it's tedious!) extract the two registries (the one that works and the one that doesn't) and compare them with WinMerge for example. But it takes time!

1 Like

Hello, the same thing happened to me on an assembly plan with the same cut as the one on the detail plan of the part concerned. It turns out that on the detail plane the cut line cuts the 3D correctly, while on the overall plan it is not, and it puts itself at fault.

And as surprising as it may seem, it turns out that it was simply related to a 180° offset position of this part on its axis of rotation, and yet it is symmetrical, a simple reversal of stress on coincident planes can save a lot of time... (but why ??? I'm still looking...)