Decimal problem

on SW16, I have a problem with a file, SW invents decimals in MEP that don't exist in 3D:

In 3D, we see that the distance between the 2 parts is just right (0.2000), knowing that the green part is assembled with a symmetry constraint in its housing

When I was shooting, SW invented a shift for me

Do you know if there is a setting to work with more decimal places (I need 4 effective decimal places)?
What can lead to this behavior?

At first glance, the section view is not neatly positioned

1 Like

Hello
After checking, the section is perpendicular.

Hello
0.2011+0.1989=0.4000
I suspect a slightly imperfect symmetry.

1 Like

Or the part is slightly tilted in the assembly (relative to the projection language of the base view)

The geometry of the parts has been checked: we are indeed perpendicular.
@soring : how can this be explained and especially why is the defect not found in 3D?

What is strange is that on other similar plans, built in the same way (we made a master file that was declined), the problem is not systematic.

Maybe I expressed myself badly
The parts are perpendicularities to each other, but may not be projected for the parent view

And if you go through a relative view, would you have the same problem (to be sure)

1 Like

The parts are well aligned (by constraints) with respect to the basic planes, i.e. the basic views that were used to create the section.

Good morning,
One point to check on the MEP is that the "true side" option is not active on the cross-sectional view.
Maybe by mistake it was activated.
Otherwise I also lean towards a problem with the cut line which has caught where it shouldn't be and it's slightly tilted. (but that, normally, has been controlled)

Oh yes, also make a measurement in the 3d not in relation to the face + stop but face + face you never know. Because the cutting view is not necessarily at the edge but in the middle of the part (at least in depth)

Hello everyone and thank you to those who have been looking.

The very vicious problem comes from a file provided by my client: it's a step of a revolving part with cutouts that should be arranged according to a circular repetition but there are defects, so depending on where you place yourself to measure it's good or not!