SW2017 SP ̈3.0 Phantom Thread Problem

Hello

Having recently switched to SW2017 I find myself with the following problem:

When I want to create a thread with the thread option, after filling in the stop and the end condition when I click in specification -> type, all types are "phantom" (see attached photo)

Have you had this problem?

How can it be corrected?

Thank you in advance.

Yours truly;)

filetage_fantome.jpg

Hello

If you go to options - document properties - wrapping show filters and shaded thread representations, it doesn't work???

1 Like

Hello

otherwise as stated by G. Sloubi 1  on a similar post --> right click on annotation in the tree --> Detail --> and check as you wish

1 Like

No problem with the thread representation via annotation.

(that's what I did temporarily, while waiting for a solution to my thread function)

What I'm looking for is to "machine" the thread in SW so that it appears clearly on the renders and meps for the workshop.

Using the thread function under the drilling wizard.

(Simple annotation wasn't enough the first time, it's more visual than note readers)

With SW2016 (before our update) no problem going through the thread, the standards were there and we could use this function.

Since the update nothing more ...

1 Like

Is the folder in: option/file locations/thread  profiles correct?

otherwise try a repair. You never know.

Does it also do it on another workstation?

1 Like

Watch this tutorial, I think that's what you want to do.

https://youtu.be/2RkZNj0l1wc

If this is not what you need try to repair the software, it has surely lost links somewhere.

Hello; By any chance did you check that in "Display", "all annotations" were checked???

Kind regards

G.

Indeed, having restored my file locations, it looks for the thread profile in SW 2016!

Only the path to change and impossible to find it, someone to screen me his?

Thank you all.

Hello

Why not do a search on Windows. It will find you all the files with the same name and you will only have to see the 2017 one and see where it points to copy the link and put it in Solidworks.

By default I have the following path:

C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2017\Thread Profiles