Advanced Excel +/- Formula Issue

Hello
I would like to be able to take the number of days from column O
=SI(P2>1; O2; (SI(N2=0; " "; DATEDIF(N2; TODAY(); "D")))) and subtract the amount of the day from column Q if there are days present. - There are rarely days in column Q...
I would like to find how to make the number of days displayed in column O be invalid number of days minus the number of days AT(column Q) with the N2=0; " " still present if no data is entered in the two columns mentioned.
Note that I had added SI(P2>1; O2 so that at least the days stopped when a number of days appeared in the Q column but unfortunately, this formula does not work if we do not enter the date of the Q column on the same day that it starts. (Which I didn't happen!) Often we have a delay of about a week before entering data or more.
Here is the link for the photos of my excel sheet. You'll see the formulas I'm working on.
http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t335/EK_Zub/infoexcel.jpg?t=1390573192
Thank you for your help in advance!

test2_-invalidite_-_karyn.xlsm

Hi @ Priscilla

I didn't understand your question even after looking at your attached sheet

Would you like to create a countdown?

@+ ;-)

Hello

Indeed, I'm not sure I understood the question either. If I wasn't mistaken, it should work as you want with the following formulas (for the first line and then to copy).

Column O

=SI(N2=0; " "; DATEDIF(N2; TODAY(); "D")-Q2)

Q column

=SI(P2=0; 0; DATEDIF(P2; TODAY(); "D"))

You'll always get 0.00 in the Q column if there's no date but normally there's a checkbox to not display them if it really bothers you.

3 Likes

See this link

http://www.excel-downloads.com/forum/168344-compte-rebours-avec-jours-heures-et-minutes.html

@+ ;-)

Ah!! Chamade is fantastic. Everything works and the 0 doesn't bother me at all for this sheet!

Thank you very much:) It's very much appreciated.

Thanks to all the others who answered , I know my question was not clear at all!