License Issue

Hello.

I have been working with Solidworks for several years and recently my company closed.

When I left, she gave me the license for this software but it is a server license. I can't install it at home. How to proceed please.

Hello 

To use this server license you will need a server or go to a reseller so that it switches to a normal license which I think will be paid. Here is a short video of how to create a server on your PC.

https://youtu.be/2MeGJXvBTFU

After that, all you have to do is install your floating license on this server...

2 Likes

See this link

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/software-licensing-registration.htm

@+

• You install the license manager on your computer (even if it was that when you closed your box the license was put back on the SolidWorks server)
  • You put your SW on your workstation and you declare that the license manager is also on your workstation.

1 Like

Sorry I'm going to play devil's advocate:

But assigning a solidworks license is forbidden and illegal. Licenses are nominative.

Excerpt from the license agreement you sign when you purchase a license:

"1.A.  License Grant.  DS SOLIDWORKS grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Software and the printed and/or electronic user documentation (the "Documentation") accompanying the Software in accordance with this Agreement. "

So yes, if you want to you can install it at home, on the other hand you have to know the risks... and right now they're hunting for pirate licenses! And in terms of discretion, it's not recommended to come and shout it loud and clear here!

I'm the first to say that our licenses are too expensive! On the other hand, out of respect for all these small businesses or the self-employed who struggle to buy an official license, I don't condone those who abuse the system...

That's just my opinion!

Sorry for that Monday morning grumbling!

Have a good week everyone

2 Likes

Thank you Thom@s for this info.

So this license bought 12000 chf (by a small company) 2 years ago is to be thrown in the trash?????

It is no longer employed in the company and it is not hacked.

Moreover I don't want to do business with it. I would just like to pass the certifications (CSWA and CSWP) to find work more easily and at the same time promote the values of this software.

The more people will use it (license purchased) the more they will not sell?????

2 Likes

It seems absurd but it is the case of ALL software: license assignment prohibited.

According to the publishers, rental is not even possible for a one-off need (or not the whole range: you can rent an SW license but not the EPDM license...).

In your case, @flegendre has given you the method to do the installation... Otherwise there is the method that we are not allowed to talk about...

1 Like

@stefbeno, you mean THE method??? the one whose name must not be pronounced??? That's what you want to talk about????

(Sorry cracking nerves) :)

Have a good day everyone

Sloubi 1

@G, it's forbidden to crack :-))

3 Likes

I don't want to take unnecessary risks. I'm already annoyed enough with this job loss.

They lost 210- and I'm giving up SW.........

Thank you anyway for your answers.

Sorry for your loss of job, but as said above, even if solutions exist, they remain illegal without the consent of Solidworks...

Good luck for the future

G.

Nothing prevents you from applying to Dassault for the use of this license privately... Apart from a no, you risk nothing if you don't use it.

2 Likes