Issue updating section in CATIA

Hello

I have a problem about the realization of a section in a mechanism.

After making my section, it seems that there is a piece that does not appear in the section. Here is an image of my mechanism:

Maybe it's because I'm misusing the section tool. Do you have an idea knowing that I am updating my section?

Usually, I make my section using the "Multiple Select Positioning" option and choosing reference surfaces.

This time, I'd like to make my section by choosing an xy plan on the one hand. How can I do that ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like

Hello

I'm afraid that your display problem is one of Catia's mysterious bugs. Have you tried reversing your section or moving your cutting surface slightly to see if the problem persists?

As for making a cut in an XY plane, as you can see in your image, you just have to check the Z axis on the normal stress line. You can optionally choose a first reference with the 2nd icon from the left (e.g. the axis of a part) and then reorient the section along the Z axis (to have a longitudinal cut).

2 Likes

Hello, it looks like a graphical bug. You should try to find the latest graphics card driver compatible with this graphics card and this version of Catia.

Great, I had succeeded with your method (small displacement of the cutting surface)

I need  a few clarifications.

I don't know what I made.

I can hide/show the volume section. On the other hand, I can no longer hide/show the filling of the section result. It seems to me that it is in the hidden space (icon "show hidden/displayed objects") (see image below)

1) How can I refill the section result?

2) About your idea "Have you tried to reverse your section or move your cutting surface slightly to see if the problem persists?", I had managed to do this and it worked. On the other hand, I can't do it anymore. Can you tell me how we can see the section plane and rotate it angularly with respect to an axis? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

To get the section plan, you have to double-click on the section in the "applications" section of the construction tree.

For the filling, it must be in the hidden space. Otherwise, the same, by double-clicking on the section, see in the "result" tab if there is not an option to check or other.