Problem drawing a thread

Hello everyone.

That's my problem.

I'm on Solidworks 2020 SP5.

When I create a thread on a workpiece, I use "drilling wizard".

When I do the drawing, I use the "symbol for drilling" function to size my tapped hole.

However, for example, if I am tapping on M8, on my plan it is written only Ø6.8 UNTIL THE NEXT ONE.

Normally there should be 2 lines.

The first with M8 and the second with Ø6.8.

I don't understand where the problem comes from.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cdlt

Rudy

pb_taraudage.jpg

Hello

the Ø6.8 is in my opinion the pre-drilling hole

If you want the inscription M8, you must select the second circle.

Cdlt

2 Likes

Surprising behavior.

@elie.soulard_1: unlike the "smart" dimensioning, the symbol function for drilling hooks to the pilot hole (I just tested on SW19).

Is it specific to the room (i.e. if you start a new MEP with the same room, the phenomenon is repeated), to the MEP (you add a view of another room in the MEP)?

Has the machine been turned off and restarted?

2 Likes

Hello

Having had the problem at the time,

this comes from a path problem with the drilling wizard, Solidworks cannot find the entirety of this function in solidworks,

I had solved this problem by taking a ticket from Visiativ, he had made me repoint the way correctly.

Have a nice day

2 Likes

Hello

There are 2 Calloutformat files .  I have the impression that you are pointing to the simplify version.

Cdlt

2 Likes

Reset your profile to see if it fixes your problem (if it fixes the problem it's a parameter to correct otherwise it comes from a missing file installation problem)

Of course, you can restore your profile if needed.

To reset your profile:

Go to regedit (start, run regedit) and then Rename:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\SolidWorks 20xx depending on the version you want to reset. (usually I add -old at the very end of the name)

When you restart SW, you will have the "factory" settings

If you need to go back, rename or delete the folder that was created when you reopened SW (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\SolidWorks 20xx)

And rename the 1st previous -old folder without the -old then reopen SW

1 Like