Tray problem

Hello

After much research, it was impossible to obtain the desired result.

I have to make a bathtub-type tray, nothing too bad, except that, the surface serving as an edge must be inclined by 15° on the entire perimeter, the bottom has a notch that should help with positioning.

I think I've tried everything, the problem is that the notch at the bottom doesn't keep the initial shape and the "tray" is higher at the corners, it seems that I need to create profiles in the corners to remedy this problem, but that doesn't prevent it from getting stuck everywhere.

Any idea?

Thank you.

plateau_bassin.sldprt
1 Like

Post a screenshot or image of what you want to create

We don't all have the same version of solidworks

3 Likes

Hello

I'm not sure I understood your concern 100%

I'm attaching a file and two screenshots, the only difference between my file and yours is that I used a boundary surface rather than a read surface.

On the left myfile, on the right, yours:

Keep me informed and if ever, attach a print screen of what you are worried about and what you want to achieve.

Have a nice day

Mick

plateau_bassin-surface_frontiere.sldprt
4 Likes

Hello

First of all, thank you for the help.

I was able to solve my problem very very early this morning, it annoyed me a little not to find the walkthrough, and as I am, sorry, more Breton than French, I'm narrow-minded.

So I actually took my two sketches representing the center and the rectangle, with the Extruded Surface function, then I used Filled Surface and finally Thicken.

For the "finishing, removal of material and fillet to obtain totally satisfactory as shown in the following screenshots.

Coin

And here is the method used for those who might be interested, for the others I attach the file.

Thank you again and have a good evening.

plateau_bassin.sldprt
1 Like

Problem solved.

Where are your edges sloping all around?

1 Like

As you did now, an extrusion with some material removal and fillet would have been faster and simpler.

1 Like

GT22:
Yes, there is an inclination all around.

AC COBRA:
Yes, it's quite possible, but it seemed heavier to me, on the contrary. And to be honest, I didn't really see how to do it at first.

I still have a little trouble with the stories of plans.