Photoview 360 rendering issue

Hi all

I have a rendering problem on Photoview 360. It is a metal frame whose parts are painted according to very precise RALs. For this, I downloaded the corresponding mod appearances. When I render the frame completely, it replaces all these appearances with white, but if I render a single subset no problem (see attachment). I thought it was a lack of memory, but it doesn't use all the RAM.

If anyone has a solution, I'm interested

Thanks in advance

Baptist

rendu_18.jpg

And here is a complete rendering of the framework, which is unfortunately all flat :-(

rendu_21.jpg

Hello

For my part, I have this problem with transparent materials that also become white. But this only happens when I use the "Preview Window" feature. If I use the "Final rendering" function, there is no longer any problem, especially if I choose a very good quality rendering.

Have a nice day.

I come back to my answer because I realize that it is already a good quality final rendering.

So I can't help you. Sorry.

Hello

It's quite strange... It looks like the PhotoView settings in the full set are not carried over.

A simple test to do: Take a subset that works well. Put it in a new assembly document and render it to see the result.

Otherwise, if you drop here a small assembly (with the parts and appearances), I want to see what happens on my computer.

1 Like

Thank you for your responsiveness :-)

Indeed, I have just reinserted (without constraining) my subsets in a new general set as Yves has just advised me, and there, I actually have the appearances in the rendering (I tried in maximum and optimal) without going through the view of a camera. I'm going to continue the tests by going through a camera and then adding depth of field to see if the problem comes from there... I'll keep you posted

Thank you

1 Like

I also have color by adding a camera (without depth of field) and then adding depth of field. So the problem comes from my basic general assembly. What's weird is that it only whitens downloaded mod skins and not SW's base skins.

For your information, the complete assembly has 3063 components.

Maybe it's a problem with the lights... there must be one (a directional light or other) that must be too strong and as a result, the light prevents you from seeing the colors...

It can also be too strong an atmosphere...

It's complicated to locate the exact problem without seeing the assembly, but from experience, I'd say that it's an ambient light that puts the strand...

In any case, the final rendering, with the depths of field, promises to be great... If we could see it once finished, it would be nice :-)

I had this problem with modo, adding the textures directly in the assembly and it worked

Yves, I doubt that the problem comes from the lights or the stage because the apprehensions coming directly from SW seem correct (see the galvanized steel slabs on the framework). I'm going to redo my assembly correctly (the new one that works) and no problem I'll post you a little rendering.

Greg, indeed I think the problem comes from the modo appearances. I think there was a little bug in my assembly. After that, where does the problem come from? I really don't see, I looked to see if there were any appearances of forced in the general whole, but I didn't see anything

Bad news. In the new assembly that worked, I put back the constraints to position my parts, I created my cameras to make you some renderings and then, oh surprise, in the preview window, everything became white again :-( I don't understand anything anymore!!

So there, neither do I...

Definitely a bug... In my opinion, we have to go step by step...

Are you using SolidWorks 2013???

Yes, so for the little technical information:

- Solidworks 2013 64 bits (the only one to handle mododo appearances I think)

- Windows 7 64bits

- Intel Xeon 4 cores at 3.16GHz

- 8 GB of RAM

- Quadro FX 1700

Earlier the rendering worked well, but I had just inserted my sub-assemblies without the constraints. So I added the constraints and the cameras and then it became white again. On the other hand, if I open a subset and render, then I have the right appearances

I tried to make a take-home composition of the general set to work directly on my C:

But the problem persists

Hello

Isn't there a white appearance that takes over all the others at the level of the general whole?

@+

That's what I thought at first, but I checked it and there was nothing. In addition, when I redid a complete assembly, the appearances had returned (until I put back the constraints and cameras).

A little info though, the subsets are quite long to insert into the general set.

Otherwise, I think maybe of the quadro FX1700 which is maybe a little too "light"

Hmmm... It is true that the power of the graphics card could be the cause of this problem.

To see it, we would have to insert a subset, put the constraints, render.

If it passes, insert another subset, put the constraints, render... and so on.

Tedious and empirical, I know, but I have no other solution

Indeed I thought about it. For the moment I just tried by removing the assemblies in the general assembly, but the problem is still there.

On the other hand, this afternoon I was at another client's house and a person is also having fun doing some renderings. I talked to him about it, and he told me that he had the same problem (even for small assemblies of a few parts). The solution is apparently to reassign the mod appearances to each room :-( Apparently solidworks often loses the "link" to the modo-like file.

So, maybe it's simply a bug, which with chance may be fixed in the next versions. SW 2013, is the first version with modo appearances, it must surely not be totally up to speed at this level.

1 Like