Thread Representation Problem Drawing

Hello

SolidWorks 2022 SP5.0

I have a problem with the thread representation in my drawings, it doesn't appear!
I went through the forum and applied all the system settings and on the document in the options, in the view too.

I designed a screw library by adding the thread representation. What is surprising, the thread of a screw appears when it is only inserted into the view, but when it is integrated into an assembly the thread does not appear.

Do you have a solution?

I don't have Solidworks at hand, but maybe you can find a solution in the following discussion:

1 Like

Hello!

In an assembly drawing, you need to import the thread annotation:

Just be careful to check only what interests you :wink:

2 Likes

Hello FRED78 and C.vuillaume,
This is exactly the solution I wanted to provide.
There is also this=>https://mycad.visiativ.com/contenu/affichage-trait-fin-dun-taraudage-sur-mep-sw-2022-sp4-cela-fonctionne-aussi-sur-les-autres-v?tuto.
@+.
AR.

2 Likes

@c.Vuillaume & @coin37coin

Thank you, that's exactly it!!

P… of software to believe that the representation of a thread is an option in a plane :sweat_smile:, I believe that my software is set to learning mode :grin:

If not, a little idea to put this annotation in automatic? because for one part it's ok but with a no assembly

1 Like

I think it's for a reason to lighten your drawing: If you come with an assembly full of screws, you'll end up with a bunch of threads to display that would weigh down your plan visually and affect the performance of your document.

I don't know if you can automatically add this annotation. Three possibilities in my opinion:

• Either you set it in your standard of dressing;
  • Either you set it up in your background plan template;
  • Either you can't :sweat_smile:
1 Like

Thank you for your answer
I'll try to look, whatever happens when you need this function and it applies to the whole view, and fortunately it would not fail to apply it to each screw ...

For the automatic part I looked quickly but without finding ??

1 Like

You can even apply it directly to all your views: In the " Source/Destination " section, you check the box " Import objects into all views ". That way, if you do it after adding all your views, you're safe.

3 Likes