EPDM Resolution Issue on 4K Display

Hello

One of my colleagues switched to a 4K display for SOlidworks and EPDM. The problem is that the resolution for the EPDM display in Windows Explorer is really small. If only for the data cards, they match very small and it is almost complicated to fill them in!

Is there an accessible setting to change this? I can't find anything in the administration of EPDM.

Thank you

No idea.

There might not be a scaling option for the EPDM zone in the explorer. You should ask for maintenance.

Otherwise there is a way to increase the font size in the windows settings./ ease of use options / display and you can either enlarge the text or enlarge everything. Enlarging the text doesn't solve the problem but enlarging everything helps readability (but you have to like the rest of the Windows interface which also undergoes this modification)

A 4K screen for what screen size?

personally I don't see the use of it for SW

@+

1 Like

Hello

When you change screens you have to look at the definition parameters (I don't see why it would be related to EPDM which is only a somewhat sophisticated database)

BRIEF! On windows ==> settings ==> Display ==> screen resolution ==> 2560 x 1440.

It is advisable to look at the screen settings with the buttons on the screen because they also come into play such as picture mode, input  with DVI, HDMI, display port as well as other modes depending on the screen, e.g. Low blue licght, picture, picture advanced, ergonomics, etc.....

That said, I agree with @gt22's remark (which I welcome) because 4K is reserved for Gaming in principle or for photographers in Adobe environments and for optimal chromatic performance.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Plural of Monsieur

I understand that 4K is useless but our IT department didn't give us a choice...

As for the Windows settings, they unfortunately do not act on the display of the data cards. We can increase the police everywhere but not there. 

So we're at the same point. We're going to buy magnifying glasses to the size of the screen! :)

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Apart from sizing the map to the new screen format (size of the input boxes, font size...) there is no solution for PDM it seems to me.

Simply set the screen resolution to an acceptable resolution for good reading 

@+

@gt22, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't work for PDM.

For example, we have a search map that displays very well on desktop computers and on some laptops the display is truncated while others are not. The display settings for LCDs being rather "fixed" (native resolution otherwise the rest is not great, weakness of LCDs vs CRT) it's rather a problem of resizing windows (as there are from time to time on SW but on PDM it's a constant even in the administration interface) not coded in my opinion.

Good evening @Cyril.f

Do you have any idea why PDM meddles in the management of the screen resolution instead of Windows????

Cdlt

2 Likes