Solver problem

Hi all

After solving my mesh problem yesterday, I find myself today with a solver problem, does anyone know what are the reasons that prevent a resolution.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Without further details (image, screenshot of the error message,...), it will be complicated to help you.

@+

1 Like

Hello

A little more detail would be welcome! What is the error message?

I have a solver failure message.

It is a 10-piece set.

You can try to simplify your assembly by removing the screws for example.

There is a tutorial in SolidWorks I think, it can be good to start with!

It is a tank frame.

I want to see the deformation according to the force applied to the bottom of the tank.

chassis_cuve.jpg

It doesn't seem complicated to me, but the soleur bugs.

chassis_cuve_1.jpg

And finally

message_derreur_grans_deplacement.jpg

Check your movements, we don't see them in your screenshots and that comes in my opinion from that.

A remark, how do you make your mesh in volume?

If so, it would be better to do the shell!

@+

It seems to me that simulation is less constraining and more efficient for parts than for assemblies.

Saving under a room could solve the problem!

@PL not at all, there's no point in going to pieces, it's the same modeler and the same mesher.

3 Likes

@Coyote Yes, it's in volume.

How to do it in a shell? Do I have to redo each part in surface?

Concerning the displacements I fixed the base of each leg and I put integral contact at the level of the parts which corresponds to a welded assembly.

Kind regards.

Are you sure that your trips are well fixed?

To switch to shell right click on the parts in the simulation tree!

Watch the tutorials, there is a special one for shell tank calculation!

@+

2 Likes

Hi Samos

I see a stress of 105000N on a surface of 2mm thick.

Have you tried to lower the constraint in order to see when the solver goes into big displacement and then see when the solver no longer solves the calculation?

rom's

1 Like

Hello

I don't necessarily have a solution but, as rom's says, it can be wise to redo the calculation with a very low effort to see if there is not a connection bug between 2 parts for example.

Sometimes, a modal analysis (without loading) can also highlight problems with the connections between the parts.

On the other hand, I don't know SW simuation well, but why use contacts? Are rigid connections (embeddedness) not possible?

Contacts tend not to be taken into account if the parts are not perfectly coincident (e.g. slight initial penetration between 2 parts).

@Coyote Yes for the imposed displacements and ok for the hull I found.

@rom's no I didn't try to lower the value significantly.

@Chamade sorry I don't really see what you mean.

Kind regards.

For me, this type of study must be done in surface.

The mesh will be easier to control and much less heavy than in volume.

The calculations will be much faster and all the more reliable.

The announced error may be due to contact between the different elements which is not ensured.

A part of the assembly can walk around on its own!!

I may be repeating myself but the surface solution will be ideal.

Transformation of the assembly into a surface with a union of all the surfaces to ensure the link between each element.

Good continuation

1 Like

Thank you thierry I reworked the contacts between parts.

I did a test in surface but worries to apply my efforts he asks me to select a side of the shell but I can't do it. I will continue and I will keep you informed.

Kind regards.

So I reworked the shape of the feet so that they fit the bottom of my tank, then I am applied to create each contact in components by removing the overall contact and after 1 hour of calculation I got a result, now it remains to interpret it, I'm going to do a test in surface to see, that's it.

Thank you all.