Problem transferring slddrw to dwg (ply line aspect)

Again a small problem when transferring a SW mep to dwg. Indeed, on the SW drawing, on the unfolded part line, the fold line appears in mixed red (nickel) lines and after the transfer this same line appears in strong lines on the dwg.

This is a problem in the sense that DWG plans are used by our LASER to make the cuts of parts and it will therefore take into account the fold line when it should not...

An idea????

a.png

Have you tried to record in DXF, normally your laser should take this format right?

since the 3D make file=> save as=> and choose the dxf format, save the part unfold in dxf (in my memories the laser prefers this format) on the other hand I don't know how it handles the crease lines, I was never careful.

Thank you I'll try it right away....

In DXF it records them in dotted lines, I do this for laser cutting and I've never had a problem.

So normally it should work

Damn it doesn't work when my colleague imports the plan in DXF he ends up with almost all the traits of the same nature, it's worse than before.

What do you have as a Laser, we use the software is bystronic....

In your DXF, the fold line is well dotted?

I don't have a laser, I go through suppliers nearby, but I had to send plans to about ten suppliers and they never had a problem with the DXF.

Are you sure that the laser takes the bending lines for cutting?

You don't have to do it on the plan, but on the 3D and export the geometry and the fold lines.

Like my colleagues above in DXF the fold lines are dotted

or you go through Draftsight

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/creation-de-dwg-dxf-partir-du-fichier-3d

or you make 2 plans with an extension (laser/ folds)

1° Laser cutting without bending lines

2° Shaping bends with bending lines

@+;-))

Thank you for the answers... I'm looking for...

1 Like

In fact, you have to unfold your part, right-click and export in dxf.

From there, the left pane shows options. You have to select "Sheet metal" and check "folding line".

View image

export_dxf.png

Thank you Bart, indeed we could export in this way, however with us we need a single plan that serves as an archive, consultation documents and manufacturing plan. So on the same plane I need to have my bent parts views and the developed. I can't export the flattening alone because that would make an extra file...

In fact, to convert I use SW's bathconverter, which directly converts my mep file to pdf and dwg (or other formats of your choice).

It's easy to use (because I have to develop a simple procedure for all the designers of the BE) but there is still this folding line that comes out in strong lines instead of coming out in axis lines..!!

Why don't you save as PDF or DXF when you have your drawing?

Then there are macros that can save all your drawings in DXF  and PDF.

I'll be you, I'll use the save as function and if it works it will already be a good point

Neroz,

If you want, I have to simplify the procedure as much as possible. Basically, the types would have to press a button and it would have to convert all the files perfectly...

I know it's not easy but we did it with a macro under inventor.

The macros and I make 2, so I turned to the bathconverter which does the job well except for this famous crease line.

There is the possibility to define the correspondence (via a table) between the SW and DWG trait types (see in the DXF/DWG export options)

1 Like

There are already ready-made macros on Solidworks where in 1 click you save all your mep in DXF or pdf

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/cao/macro-d-enregistrement-en-pdf-et-dxf-dans-un-dossier-externe

Personally, for LASER cutting I remove the folding notes as well as the fold line.

In SolidWorks:

• For notes, right-click on view, property and uncheck "show bend notes"
  • For the fold line(s), right click on one of the lines and make HIDE.
1 Like