Problem "save as" dxf format in Autocad 2014

Hello

I have a 3D model in dwg that I would like to export (for one of my clients) in dxf.

Unfortunately it doesn't work! : autocad message: unable to save to I:\......... drawing dxf, the drawing was saved to I:\...............\sav83C0.tmp. But there are, in fact, no entries in the file.

It's the first time it's happened to me.

Is it this version of Autocad? Has anyone ever encountered this problem? and found a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I did some tests and I didn't encounter any particular problem (registered under dxf v2013).

Maybe try to run a repair of your DWG drawing to see if it doesn't have any recoverable data.

Otherwise I don't see?

1 Like

Is the latest version installed?

There are often problems when installing the first versions, and this is usually fixed quite quickly with the first update (at least with SolidWorks).

1 Like

Hello

These kinds of problems sometimes happen when the path or file name is too long. Or with forbidden characters (depending on the software: space, accent, ...)

(or if the folder is read-only)

1 Like

Hi @ a-hincelin

see this link Autodesk has released the 2014 version of the free viewer : DWG TrueView.

http://www.aplicit.com/blog/trucs-et-astuces/faq-depannage-autocad/dwg-true-view-2014-la-visionneuse-gratuite-de-dessin-autocad/

which allows you to open and convert DWG files to DXF even without autocad

see the compatibility of Autocad versions in attachment

@+ ;-)

capture_compabilite_version_dxf_dwg.png
1 Like