Problem exporting logos from a title block to a DWG document

Hello 

For the assembly of the file I have to attach logos in the cover page. I work with Solidworks 2014

To insert them no worries, when I export the file in pdf, everything is fine too. On the other hand, when I export in DWG, (it's a request from the customer), 

all the images disappear. Is there a method to keep images when exporting?

thank you for your help

Olive tree

Hello

What software are you working on?

I am working on Solidworks 2014

So if there is a solution it interests me because for the moment I am reintegrating the image into draft.

Otherwise I had my logo redesigned which limits the losses.

There may also be a file format story to try

Hello

Maybe by copying and pasting the image directly (either from an image editing software or with the Windows snipping tool for example) into SolidWorks and not by going through the image insertion menu, it could work!

Alternatively, if they are simple black and white logos, you can use InkScape to convert the images into vector images and then save them to DXF.

So, no problem inserting them.

There are also internet sintes that convert to DXF for example: http://www.dxfconverter.org/ or http://www.pdftodxf.com/

1 Like

I just saw that SolidWorks is aware of the 2008 problem and a priori if the above solutions don't work, the only solution they offer is to save in PDF...

Solution Id:S-023045    
Product: SolidWorks 2008 Network
Created: 5/14/2008
Updated: 10/10/2014
Area: Save/Open
Sub-Area: Drawing

Question:
An inserted picture in drawing file can not stay properly after save in eDrawings®, dwg and dxf format, why?

Answer:
This issue has been identified and reported to the development team on SPR 433714<Inserted picture in drawing file can not stay properly after save as eDrawings, dwg and dxf format>.
Please refer to the SPR Look-Up within the SolidWorks Knowledge Base. Please contact your reseller in order to be added to the notification list so that you are informed when the issue is resolved.

This issue does not happen when exporting a drawing as a picture or in PDF format which can be used as a temporary workaround.

Indeed, it is currently impossible to export images (jpg, pgn, tif...) to a dwg or a dxf because they are sketch images. However, images from dwg/dxf import can be re-exported to the same extensions. These are then static ActiveX objects.

You can check it simply by double-clicking on it...

sans_titre.png
1 Like

you need to import an OLE object

Insert / Object / Photshop 

Now I'm adding my logo as a layer, 

once returned to SW, a black frame appears around the logo, which is not the case as a sketch image, 

Export to DGW format, logos stay in place

you need to import an OLE object

Insert / Object / Photshop 

Now I'm adding my logo as a layer, 

once returned to SW, a black frame appears around the logo, which is not the case as a sketch image, 

Export to DGW format, logos stay in place

2 Likes