ProjectManager Export Issue: Maintaining the Folder Tree

Hi all

I'm having a problem exporting an assembly via ProjectManager (which I prefer to use instead of Pack&Go). Despite several attempts, I don't get the desired result.

I want to keep the complete structure of my folders, including the tree structure (main folders, subfolders, Library folder, etc.).

The folders containing my assemblies, subassemblies, parts, drawings, and Standards are well created. However, all these folders end up at the root, without being nested as in my original structure.

So my question is, how do I configure ProjectManager to maintain the exact tree view of my folders when exporting?

Have you ever encountered this problem? If so, what solutions have you found?

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

1 Like

Hello;

It all depends on your starting tree... But this is possible with the option:
In the " Structure " tab: Choose your destination location and then click on " Edit "...
Check "Add the same subfolders (recreate the structure")
and check " Recreate Parent folder." 

Warning: You will certainly have to rename each directory by hand in the visualization tab of the final structure.

ProjectManager Help:

Kind regards.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

I had already explored this avenue. All folders are created, but they are always at the same level of the tree. I have 314 folders to reorganize manually, with the risk of error that this entails.

This is a shame, because this module is more advanced than the Pack&Go in terms of properties and renaming, but it just lacks the functionality of recreating the exact folder structure, which is common in Pack&Go.

Hello;

I can't explain this phenomenon with ProjectManager (unless your plan is not in the same directory of your 3D... there the software often loses its footing).
Otherwise, by going through the Pack&Go and then using " ProjectExplorer " for the renaming you should be able to get back on your feet... but it takes longer.

Which versions of Solidworks and MycadTools do you use?
From memory the MyCadTools V2000 spxxx had this Tree Problem...

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

We do have a problem with this option.

This will be solved on the next version of myCADtools which will be released very soon. Indeed, we have developed a new ProjectManager in order to respond to this kind of problem.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Do you have a planned release date for this version?

@Julien_Ledez , I was told the next version for the beginning of the week, at the end of last week. (hotline)
I'm looking forward to it because several other important bugs on the latest version.

1 Like

Hello

The version has been online since yesterday

https://ftp.lynkoa.com/mycadtools/myCADpassport/myCADtools_Download.zip

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello;

The changes announced are ...

Does this mean that nothing has been fixed on the SP1.2 version of the ProjectManager?
So you have to reconfigure the entire new version and hope that it works the first time?

Frankly, I'm not sure I want to beta test this new interface.

Subsidiary question [off-topic]: What have you changed on the new version of SmartBom?.. there is no documentation on V2-Beta...

Hello

Indeed it is necessary to reconfigure the new ProjectManager because we have implemented the field generation tool which allows to retrieve all variables, properties, etc...

However, it is possible to switch back to the old version if necessary via this option:

Regarding SmartBom, for the moment we haven't fully communicated on it because it's a beta version. The operation is more or less the same but it is now possible to use BatchConverter when exporting to Excel, XML, etc...
It is also possible to multi-assemble, generate an XSLT transformation file and other new features...

Kind regards

I installed this version and the Project Manager allows you to keep the folder structure as for the SolidWorks Pack&Go and, in addition, retrieves the plans from the root of the search folder.
With us, the plans are located in the file preceding the file of parts, which made it difficult to retrieve them.
A small complaint for this new version: the principle of a step-by-step process (as in the image below) is abandoned in favor of a simple window.

1 Like