Problem importing an sldprt file into Visualize

Hello

As the title suggests, when importing an sldprt file into visualize I get the following message:

"The import failed. Please see the log file for more details."

In addition, I do not have the possibility to activate the complement module visualize in solidworks 2017 (not present in the list). This could have allowed me to do a direct export

Do you have an idea to unblock me?

thank you in advance

David

You have to look and tell us what the "log file" says?

3 Likes

Thank you for this quick feedback on my question.

The problem is that I don't know which log file it is. Where is it? I have of course looked for this file but in vain. 

Do you know where he is?

Thanks in advance

See this link

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/solidworks/sldworks/c_preventative_file_management.htm

@+

1 Like

Here is the file (attached) of the log extracted from:

C:\Users\my name\AppData\Roaming\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS 2017

It's quite strange because this file updates when you use SW and not Visualize. While the error is announced in visualize. 

Thank you again for your help

David

swxjrnl.swj

you should rather try to find the Visualize log file

ok but where is he? :)

Hmmm ... Can't get your hands on this Visualize-specific log file!

Finding the  log file dedicated to Solidworks is not a problem but it does not reveal anything conclusive.

The handling of Visualize (purchase of MOVE by Dasault system) by solidworks is really unstable. It worked much better as much as MOVE and then ZOOM  from BUNKSPEED. No information on the web to unblock me.

And in addition, as much solidworks as visualize costs a lot of money!!

Maybe you know of another format for exporting solidworks to Visualize that allows you to keep the colors on the parts?

Thank you in advance for your help

David

David

question why would you want to keep the colors of SW

Have you tried to save your part file in another format

knowing that the import of visualize accepts X format

See this link among others

http://my.solidworks.com/mylearning/learningpaths/61/solidworks-visualize%E2%80%9D

The file you want to import into Visualize is a part you created?

@+

Thank you for your answer.

I have indeed tried other formats. But as far as I know, only the sldprt format keeps the information for assigning subjects on Visualize. i.e. a color = a material.

If I do an import iges for example, my volume will be seen on visualize as a single part and therefore a single material. But maybe there is a format that would allow me to do my import without any problem and then assign my materials in visualize?

1 Like

tests in .sat it's the native SW format

to read you you don't have SW

Am I wrong or not?

@+ ;-)

1 Like

The pb was related to a version incompatibility between visualize and solidworks 2017.

1 Like

but if you export in . SAT which is the native format of SW

SW versions will no longer be incompatible

@+ ;-)