Problem installing drafsight

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the free version of Draftsight 64-bit and I have 1 Windows 8 64-bit laptop with 8 GB of ram. I have tried several times to install draftsight, however each time I have an installation interruption:

During the installation I choose the "Standalone license" setting

the installation starts and then the following error message appears: "Specified path, C:\ProgramData\ApplicationData\DassaultSystem, too long"

I tried to show him a shorter path but the same mistake comes back.

I checked the size on my disk, I defragmented the disk, I tried to carry out the installation by disabling the firewall and the protection of the pc but without success.

I saw that the same question had been asked but there is no information on the resolution of the problem so if you have a solution please share it with me.

Kind regards

midou.24

Hello, if you install in administrator mode or even Super administrators (On windows 8 I think that's what it's called)

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answer, I just tried this operation but without success, I still have the same error message that seems to occur almost at the end of the installation; (it's the administrator mode that you have to activate even if you're declared as an administrator)

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

There is the same problem on Windows 7, maybe the solution is applicable, see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQZ6bUUR5U

1 Like

Strange this problem, apparently Lucas has found the solution:p

To try

I'm on Windows 7 64x and I didn't have any installation problems.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I just tested the solution of ".PL", Bingo and thank you very much, the installation was done without problems and the software works. Great so don't lose the link on youtube.

Reminder of operations under windows 8:

1) Enable "Folder Options" and the "View" tab

2) Check the line "Show hidden files, folders and drives

3) Uncheck the line "Hide protected files from the operating system (recommended)". The PC will ask for confirmation

4) Validate the changes in the "Folder Options" window with "OK"

5) In the directory "C:\ProgramData" rename the folder "Application Data" to Application Data_1" for example

6) Install Draftsight and then after installation return to the "C:\ProgramData" directory  rename the "Application Data_1" folder to its initial name "Application Data"

7) go back to the "Folder Options" window to reset the initial settings (see points 1 to 3)

That's it, it's over

note: if the Youtube video disappears it will remain this trace, thanking ".PL" for giving us this tip

Kind regards

midou.24

1 Like

We will have to redo the video on Lynkoa to be sure that it stays in place!

1 Like

Hello Bart,

I don't really know how to do this, that's why I explained the process and I think it's enough .

Kind regards

midou.24

1 Like