SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP0 Installation Issue

Hello

For more than a year , SolidWorks 2015 SP0 was running on my PC.

Following an installation of the 2016 on another PC I wanted to update my software to the 2016 version...My PC totally crashed at that time blue screen... etc...

After going to the computer scientist I try again to install SW (2015 SP0) on the PC and I can't do it after several attempts and searches for solutions I come to help on the forum...

The download is successful up to + or - 30% and the following error message is displayed:

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

If the installation fails, contact technical support.

If you continue, you may encounter other errors. If you contact technical support, be prepared to provide the installation log files available in this directory.

Does anyone have a solution to solve this installation problem?

Thanks in advance

Hello

First of all, it is strongly discouraged (or even forbidden) to install SP0: these are versions always full of bugs!

You must download the latest version available, i.e. SP5!

Then, I already had problems with downloads at the office, and at home it worked fine.

Otherwise, on the SolidWorks site they offer to download the files manually and it worked better.

3 Likes

Hello, rather than putting solid2015 back and then upgrading, why not transfer 2015 totally and then install 2016??? as its computer will no longer have a corrupted file in memory!?

Kind regards

There's nothing like an installation file uploaded to the site.

we often have this error when installing with Cd.

Your cd may be scratched. or your faulty drive.

In any case, like everyone else, I strongly advise you not to do the 2015. Go to 2016 if you can, otherwise put the 2014 ^^

Thank you for your advice, I tried to completely uninstall the 2015. Only when I reinstall my CD doesn't offer me the 2016...

However in your message you put, following the installation of 2016 on another PC. How did you do it? Just an upgrade?

In this case, download the file from Solidworks and try a repair but... otherwise FORMATTING!!!!!! :D

Isn't it a bit violent to do a formatting for an installation?

1 Like

Oh yes!! but sometimes so effective! :) If not, check that all your Windows and graphics card updates are done. I don't know if you use CCleaner but making it do an error check can't hurt.

Ps: there must now be pieces from 2015 and pieces from 2016 on the pc so sometimes formatting is inevitable as a LAST resort:)

you say: "My PC totally crashed at that time blue screen... After working with the computer scientist... "

What did the computer scientist do?

Hello

I advise you to try to make a careful scandisk with repair of defective clusters

Once you have validated your choice, it will be asked if you want to plan the scandisk carefully

be careful though depending on the size of your disk it can take a while

After its maybe the error you have will be repaired and disappear, it's not a miracle solution, but sometimes it works and its delete what should no longer be where it is;)

In case its not working well formatting, and if the problem persists I only advise to check the hardware in the pc is not effective, or sometimes the dust :)