Lighting problem with Photoview

Hi all

After my problem with my Scandinavian lamp (thanks to the forum for your help), I'm starting to model our future kitchen. For the design no worries.

On the other hand, for the 3D rendering, I can't install the lights. I have 5 spotlights on the ceiling then 2 under the hood and finally 1 spotlight under the wall unit.

Even though I add spotlight lights, the effect is disappointing. Do you have a tip?

Thank you for your help.

Hello

Can you put a .zip file with your assembly so we can take a look???

1 Like

see this tutorial via a master in the field @ Paul Loury with whom I have a lot ;-)

http://www.forum-cao-3d.fr/solidworks-tutoriels/l-eclairage-sous-photoworks-t7162.html

@+

1 Like

Have you enabled spotlights in photoview?

Click on the different spots in the tree, edit and check the box enabled in photoview

And importantly, don't forget to check the box "keep the light on when the scene changes". Sometimes we change the scene without paying attention and everything jumps...

2 Likes

Check if your spotlights are on correctly.

1 Like

Hello 

For having tried to make cabin renderings on offshore platforms, and after having gone through the axemble hotline, and solidworks (directly from the US by phone)... It is not possible to have a superb rendering in a closed room (with a ceiling). You'll manage to have something decent (and still), but not exceptional.

I managed to get out of it by giving a bright texture to the ceiling.

Here are the settings I used for the texture of the ceiling under the lighting section.

Streaming Quantity: 0.7

Specular Quantity: 0.05

Secular Dispersion:0.8

Reflection quantity: 0.5 (for ceilings, and 0.2 for partitions)

Transparency Quantity: 0

Light intensity: 0.5 (value to be adapted according to the room)

Rounded edges: 4

I hope this will help you, but don't expect to have a great photo rendering with Photoview. I'm going to do the training under Vizualise next week, I hope it will be better.

1 Like