Problem of material removal by scanning

After various tries, the shape is made but not at all by following the ellipse...

I tried various odds. I ended up giving up and doing a simple removal of material and I practiced time off to soften. It's not exactly what I wanted, but more than 8 hours of struggle, it's good...

Thank you very much to everyone. I will certainly come back to you very soon because having stopped practicing Solidworks years ago, I am starting from scratch so to speak.

Have a good weekend

Here's what I got:

The holidays are not really as I would have liked, but it's not too ugly.

image5.jpg

@d.Roger  don't understand why it works for me and not for you

I post the piece

@viking

I have you it seems to say without any option

attached premium SW 2017 file for those who can open it

@+

handleversion2viking.sldprt

Parasolid file for INF A 2017 version

@+

handleversion2viking-parasolid.x_t

Hello @gt22,

It's funny when I load your part it works, your function is well taken into account and calculated if I edit it but I come across this:

whereas if I delete your function to recreate it it doesn't work and I come across this:

I'm on SW 2019, would there have been a modification on this function that would prevent the calculation in this specific case?

Kind regards

1 Like

In profile and trajectory, I don't have:

Sketch Profile

Circular profile

Volume Body Profile

But I don't think that's the problem.

What do you open parasolid files with?

Hello @d.Roger 

Yes, it is possible that the functions do not work the same way on different versions

This story is completely delusional

yet another wolf from unearthed on SW

We will now need X version to be able to model correctly ;-)  ;-) ;-)

So that's why I didn't understand why: ............................. it didn't work with you

Curious anyway?

@+ ;-)

at gt22, possible problem related to the SW version but maybe also to the computing capacity of the PC, I'm on a laptop, I'd test on a Workstation occasionally ...

at viking, parasolid files opens with SW...

1 Like

@ D.Roger 

OK to see me too portable but workstation

@+ ;-)

Not yet tested on a workstation with SW2019 but on the other hand test carried out on a laptop with SW2017 and there it works the first time, it's indeed very crazy this story ... maybe a well-hidden parameter... be continued...

2 Likes

@ D.Roger

very happy to see that you could see that it worked well on SW 2017

Thank you for your research and your test

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Test done on a workstation in SW2019 and it doesn't work!!

either a well-hidden parameter or a good delirium :=)

Kind regards

1 Like