Problem of material removal for conversion to sheet metal

Hello colleagues,

I have a small problem with a WWTP; It was designed with collisions in the folds. When I import it there are errors due to collisions but when I want to remove material to remove collisions it doesn't work and if I convert to sheet metal it 's the same, it doesn't work. Maybe something very simple that I haven't thought of! By dint of having our head in the handlebars we no longer see the simple things ....  

Thanks in advance 

door.stp
1 Like

Hello AC Cobra,

The only solution I can see to correct these problems is to use the surface to shift the surfaces by a few tenths. But I think that going through this means would take more time than redoing the whole piece.

M.

1 Like

Hello, I can't download the part.

But I would say plug the hole on the step, convert it into sheet metal and redo your hole.

may the force be with you.

1 Like

Hello Obi wan,

To download the piece you just have to right-click on it and have the target saved as. It's not as simple as that.

Hi @ AC cobra

you need to isolate your room and save it in part

Removing material at an angle where it creeps

and here is your piece

there must be a piece missing on the upper part of the room , he doesn't want to take it?

Pain in the ass

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hi gt22,

I'll test this and keep you posted.

1 Like

GT22

That's what I do and used to do, but when I want to remove material; I have an error msg. See PJ

erreur_enlevement_de_matiere.jpg
1 Like

well I reviewed and tested several options 

but I still have this face that is defective

that's why I'm missing a piece on the unfolded

and impossible to cut, remove material , etc...

in every way he doesn't want to

even with a flat surface it doesn't work

more time tried to repair this part than in redoing a

so it's up to you to know what you want to do

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

yes see I know previous message

he doesn't want to know anything about this part

and yet believe me I tried all the possible and imaginable options

As you can see I managed to do this unfold but I lack this return

you just have to prolong this lack

@+

1 Like

Could you put me the piece you modified and that unfolds so I can take a look at it?

here is the SW 2017 part 

@+

ac.cobra_.por2cactest.sldprt
2 Likes

Thank you, I'm looking at this on Monday morning because I only have access to 2016 at home and 2020 to the bowl. Thanks for everything.

1 Like

@ Ac cobra hello ;-)

don't understand the best answer 

having tested all the options and managed to perform this unfold 

See my previous answers!!!!!

An explanation would be welcome

thank you in advance

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hi gt22,

I understand, it was hard for me to choose because I still had to redesign the part because during your conversion it has the thickness that jumped and a crease (from 2mm to 1mm) and if I change the thickness to go back to 2mm the part no longer unfolds. Given that mgauroy had said that it was easier to redo the part in 1st my choice was inclined to his answer.

Kind regards Ac cobra

1 Like