DWG recording problem

Hello everyone, I have a problem that comes up from time to time when saving a drawing in DWG: the following message appears: 

"An error occurred while creating the precise geometry for the following drawing views. They may appear empty" ... This is the case, only the basemap and annotations appear on the DWG.

I can't find a solution despite an internet search.

I would like to point out that none of the parts in the assembly are in a state of repair.

Other problems encountered on this same drawing: some parts/subassemblies are impossible to put on layers, the Display Style does not remain in high quality, it systematically returns to draft quality, and, last point, the parts set to  "show hidden edges" do not appear.

If any of you know the solution, I'm all for it!

Thank you.

All it takes is one room with an error (often surface) for your entire plan not to be exported.

To determine which part does not allow export, I use the dichotomy.

Basically, you remove half of the parts from your assembly, you try to export it, if it works, you know in which half of your assembly the part is included.

Otherwise you do the opposite, you delete the other half of the assembly.

5 Likes

Thank you for your answer Sbadenis.

That's what I've been doing since this morning... Painstaking work. 

For the moment I have detected the first level subassembly which is causing the problem. But it gets more complicated because for the rest it's quite random: when I delete some second-level subassemblies, either it works or not... In short, it's swollen.

It was indeed a piece of library (although used very often) at the origin of the problem.

This part is present in several sub-assemblies, which did not facilitate the dichotomy... And, indeed, it is a room that contains surface bodies.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is often the case and it is sometimes complicated to find the part that is causing the problem...

Glad it works for you.

@sbadenis there is an easier way to look for defective faces. 

make tool=> evaluate=> check  and in "check the existence of" check face and there it will look for the invalid faces which are often the problem of DWG.

may the force be with you.

1 Like