Problem with registration

When I try to save a part file, SOLIDWORKS shows me a rather unpleasant message...:

An unknown error occurred while accessing ... "File Path"

How can I get around the problem?

I tried to record under the room but nothing to do, I have the same problem.

1 Like

Hello

If you are recording to a network drive. Test on your hard drive.

What is the version of SW?

Hello, files are sometimes corrupted, if a save or a composition to take with you locally (on the desktop) does not work, you can try to recover the automatic save file. Otherwise, there is no solution.
4 Likes
To find out if automatic backup is set up and in which folder it is done:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_OPTIONS_BACKUPS.htm

1 Like

Yes it looks a lot like a network loss and so if you really don't want to lose what you did on the part, do "file/save-as/" and save your file on your computer's hard drive.

If not, if the network has reconnected, you must re-register and replace the part on the network with the same part.

1 Like

It happens to me a few times at work, it's for me, always related to a loss of network.

To check if the network is lost, just open a window with Windows Explorer to the place where your documents are saved on your network. If you can't access it through windows, it's due to a network outage.

Normally there are also temporary files that start with a dollar and are hidden. If it is possible to recover these files, they can be renamed to see at what stage of the design they were created.
3 Likes

When recording on the desktop, does it do the same thing?

Good news! Corrupted file! Impossible to recover the backup, impossible to save the copy and impossible to make a composition to take away!

All you have to do is redesign!

2 Likes

Have you tried to save on the desktop or do the checks that you have been told?

It is a pity that you have given yourself the best answer.

It seems to me that @.PL's answer was correct.

It doesn't reward people who took the time to try to solve your problem...

5 Likes

We all make an effort to have the Samsumg Galaxy S5 !!

(What everyone thinks but no one really says^^)

But it's good because it's the goal of the Lynkoa site to reward what contributes to the progress of the site!!

2 Likes

Wouldn't it be by chance a Sw 2014 file that you recovered to save in 2015?

The same thing happened to me, I had to start all over again...

2 Likes

@remrem, I don't know enough about the network to be able to know what one action rather than another implies.

Thank you @.PL for your answer.

That's why I specified it...

1 Like