Problem between excel and solidworks

Hello

I just changed my PC to be able to install solidworks 2013, the operating system is therefore seven.

But for reasons of too many Excel licenses, they opted to put me Excel Starter 2010

But the problems happen because my folding tables and all the Excel files  don't work anymore (apparently compatibility problem between Starter2010 and solid)

Have you ever encountered this problem?

Is it possible to get back to normal operation with Open office or other?

Jerome

Hello

No, it will not be possible to return to normal operation with Open Office.

Indeed, there is an incompatibility between starter 2010 and SolidWorks.

On this one, there is no other solution than to take an Excel license....

Hello

Office starter never tested

OpenOffice not working

Neither does LibreOffice

Bàt.

Hello

Have you tried by installing the version of excel you were using previously (which version? 2003? 2007?).

no I didn't take the time to do it

but we no longer have a licence

Hello

I don't have my PC with SW installed with me, but I don't have Excel either and I use folding tables!!

If I remember correctly, you need to have a table in excel form, even without excel, so that it can open it, because indeed, it does not recognize Open Office.

I had recovered excel tables, which I modified with open office, but saving them in excel format.

So try to get some, put it in the right place and it should work.

Still if I remember correctly, it's not something you do every day.

Kind regards

Gilles is right,

You don't need to have Excel to use a bend table. Simply, (and logically I would say), it will not be possible to modify this table...

Thank you for your answer

The tables we have are in Excel format

But as soon as I used it I got this message "Your system must have Microsoft Excel version 8.0 or

later"

I consulted the hotline they say that you have to be licensed

What do you need to have for it to work?

As Gilles said, there is a solution but it is around the problem

The easiest way is to have a "normal" excel license

If this is not possible, make the changes with another editor without going through solidworks and save in xls format

For all applications where you are forced to go through solidworks to edit or create your file, you must have excel. (e.g. room configurations where the file is associated in the room)

This only works if the excel file is external to SolidWorks and has already been created.

I had the same problem, I couldn't find any other choice than to take excel

thank you for your answer Alexis

yes I think I do the same