Equation problem

Hello colleagues,

I have a small problem with an equation in an Excel file, normally it is possible to add text in front of an equation.

When I add this text my formula does anything, I would like to add "from" & and "to" &  in front of the equation in the yellow boxes of the attached file without it skipping.

I know it's not CAD/CAD, but it's for a follow-up of the workshop hours.

Thanks in advance ;-) 

classeur1.xlsx

Hello ac cobra 427,

You have to add the = sign at the beginning of the formula (="de" & C9).

Kind regards

2 Likes

Good evening Ac Cobra

I opened your file and I don't see what the problem is or at least I don't understand what you want to do ;-)

Your cell "6 "of" & 25" has no dependents or antecedents.

As for your yellow cell, I only see "light green" in column N. In any case I don't see anything jumping or this cell has jumped so much that I can't see anything: although I looked at the content of all the cells, dependencies and the calculation formulas quite simple by the way.

Kind regards

PS: you have a little typo in L9 there is a missing "e" in day

1 Like

Hello d.roger,

when I replace the formula in the box D9 =N9+N10 with ="from" & N9+N10 the text is displayed well but gives a result with commas and not hourly as desired as in the 2nd table. 

classeur2.xlsx

you have to put your transformation formula in hundredths as in box P9:

= "of" & ((N9+N10)*2400/100)

Problem of cell format that should be left on standard but which must work with text and hours.

Kind regards

1 Like

And if you want the square in hours:minutes:seconds, you can put:

= "of" & TEXT((N9+N10); "hh:mm:ss")

It should work.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Thank you Zozo_mp for the e that was missing.

D.Roger, I had also tested with this but when the employee starts at 5:30 it will put 5.5 in the other box with this formula. 

To put it simply, the Monday part and what follows will not be visible in print, the 1/2 day is when the employee does a 1/2 day of work like Friday and a whole day in the formula there is a part of time that is deducted  1/2 of a break between noon and I would like to send this information back in the yellow boxes with from 5 to 12 o'clock but when I add "from" & and "to " &  that M....  and gives me a comma-sized result...

1 Like

THANK YOU,  d.roger;   it's perfect:-)  :-)   :-)  :-)  :-) :-) 

2 Likes

Here is the finalized file, if anyone ever needs it

feuilles_de_pointage_.xlsx