Problem Sketched in Context

Hello

In an assembly with plates screwed onto a mechanically welded structure, I have a lot of holes in these plates that overlap with the holes in the structure. So I create these holes in the assembly by constraining the center of the hole on each corresponding center of the holes in the structure. This allows me to dynamically follow the position of the holes in the plates with each change of side in the structure.

So far nothing extraordinary, but I have a problem. It happens that for some new creation of holes in the plates when I put the sketch in the center of a hole in the structure, instead of being in black with a constraint, it is laid in blue without any constraint and no way to add more... I can't find any solution to this problem so if any of you know it, I'm all for it! ;)

Thank you in advance.

Hello

At first glance I would say that you have made external references of several parts  and that is not possible. If in an assembly you convert entities on one part and then start again on another solidworks don't want to. You have to break the bonds to be able to do it.

may the force be with you.

4 Likes

Yes otherwise, go to "system option" then "external references" and check that the box "allow multiple contexts for parts when editing in an assembly" is checked.

7 Likes

Bingo!! Ronathan, that's exactly what it seems. Thank you